Chapter 41: Meeting Persephone

I look at the precious woman that lies next to me. One arm draped over me, her body pressed closely to mine. Her soft breathing touches my skin as she sleeps. The face is serene as some golden flocks are sticking to the cheeks and forehead. I smile at her as I tuck them behind her ear. Annabeth smiles as she stirs awake.

"Good morning, my fiancée," she says, kissing me on the lips. "Good morning, love. You were amazing last night."

"Hmm, you did quite well too. Although, I was surprised by how much of a screamer you are," she says with a hearty laugh. "Well, uhm, at least I was showing how appreciative I was..." I mumble out as I snuggle in the crook of her neck.

Annabeth hums as her fingers go through my hair. "It was... certainly encouraging. This weekend has been amazing. Thank you for organizing this, Aileen. You made me feel very special."

"It was my pleasure. I so want to stay in bed..." I groan out. Annabeth laughs as she turns on her back. "I know, I do too. But we need to get back at some point."

I sigh as I push myself up. "True... I have bought new clothing, so we do not have to go back in our dresses. Let alone in those forsaken heels. It is nothing fancy, but it's clean and comfy," I say and point to the closet.

"Are you sure you're not a child of Athena? You made the perfect plan," she says, rising from the bed to walk to the bathroom.

It doesn't bother her that she is not dressed. As if to tease me, she shakes her hips just a bit more than normal. Her golden hair also 'glided' over parts that are very... hard not to notice. Well, I couldn't ignore her "invitation" and followed her to the bathroom. I saw the smirk on her face as she saw me following.

"Tsk, tsk, can't resist, naughty girl?" she asks in a low and soft voice. "Resisting is futile..."

We soon came back to camp. People did not really care where we were, but they certainly noticed the matching rings of me and Annabeth. The Aphrodite children were smirking, giggling, and talking about it. I also saw some money being exchanged between some cabin members. I roll my eyes as I see it. They are as bad as their mother.

"Campers are leaving for their homes. I think they only stayed longer due to the possibility of a civil war," Annabeth says as she looks around.

True, campers go back after summer. Only those that have too much of a scent stay all year. Or those that rather not go home. We have made this camp our home for two years. I stayed the entire two years, same goes for Annabeth.

"I decided to go home too," Annabeth says after a few minutes, "I like to have my father at our wedding. And we can't avoid each other forever."

"True, ehm, I hope things will work out for you. He should realize that he has a great daughter. I think I will also go home. There's someone I want to meet," I say while stroking her arm in support.

"Persephone? Be careful to not turn into a plant," she says with a chuckle. "Yeah, I do wonder what it would feel like, though. Anyway, I made many offers to her and I will bring some of her favorite plants with me. A lily and a mint. It also made me consider making a garden behind my cabin."

Annabeth shakes her head with a smile. She sighs as she stops me to give a tight hug. "You're too good for this world. Have fun. I will see you in a few weeks."

We soon went our separate ways to prepare for our visits home. For me, that was mainly packing a back with some clothing and taking the two plants with me. I hope Persephone is able to tolerate me. She can be as bad as Hera when it comes to the infidelity of Hades.

After I said goodbye to Clarisse, Percy, and Grover, I went through the shadows towards the palace of Hades. It is winter, so Persephone should be at the palace. The first thing I saw was the large garden with the many flowers and pomegranate trees.