Chapter 104: Reconvening

Annabeth Chase

The monsters were held at bay with the necessary effort. Bianca erected a wall out of the ground, and Percy and I were battling them with our weapons. Luckily, the giants were mostly focused on Daedalus and his hellhound. Let it be a lesson for the old inventor. He should know better. Smart my ass. Okay, that may be a bit too much, but still!

Bianca raised her sword and plunged it into the ground, causing a rift to crack open. Large enough for the monster to stay away and us enough breathing room to disappear. Percy kicks a sold monster into the deep dark of... wherever that goes before turning to Rachel.

"Got them ready?!" He asks. Rachel was nodding as she had gathered multiple wings ready to be mounted on the back.

"Yes! Just put them on your back and they'll attach automatically. Come on, we need to go!" She says as she puts her own set of wings on the back.

I practically bolted to the wings and attached them. My gaze went briefly to the old inventor. He was still fighting. A few wounds or damaged parts were visible as golden oil was leaving certain spots. Daedalus may not have been who I imagined him to be, but he should live. May this serve as a reminder of what to do.

"Alright, to the window," I say, picking up a solid piece of rock and throwing it to break the glass. The four of us practically throw ourselves into the air. Each of the wings immediately can out to catch the wind as we glide our way to safety. The last I saw was smoke rising from the workshop. It seems he lost his home at the very least.

"You know, I don't know how to fly!" Bianca half yells as she tries to stay afloat. "Neither do I, but we're doing great. Just... don't do anything reckless or sudden," Percy says.

Two bright lights came soaring our way. Bianca smiled almost immediately as do I. The two protective angels came to make sure we are alive and well. We were soon visited by two beautiful women, floating in the air next to us.

"We'll bring you down safely. Well done everyone," Aileen says as pulled the mortal girl and me under her arms. Rachel was looking in wonder at the woman while I relish in her warmth and scent. The wings were discarded with the flick of her wrist as she starts to descend at a more comfortable pace. Calypso was doing the same with Bianca and Percy.

"How did it go? I only heard snippets of what happened," Aileen asks me.

"We found Daedalus or Quintus as he calls himself. He gave Luke the String. Kronos will march on Camp Half-Blood."

"I see. We can bring you to Camp. You don't have to go back into the maze again," Aileen says as we touch down on the ground.

"Weren't there more of you in there?" Rachel asks, "Percy said something about Grover and Tyson?"

"Right... I guess I have no chance of convincing you to not go in there again. Calypso seems to be hearing something similar from Percy," she says with a sigh.

I glance at Calypso. It seems she was unhappy as she hears Percy speak and apologetic smile of Bianca. Her mood turned around slightly when Bianca placed a kiss on her cheek.

"We need to get them out of there. Luke is coming to the camp, you should prepare a defense with Calypso there. Trust me, Aileen. I will come out of this alive," I say to ease her worries. A sigh leaves her lips as she nods. I guess she surrenders. She knows how stubborn I could get, I suppose.

"Fine. Also, Hades prepares for war. This will be over soon. One way or another, I feel the Titan king rising. It will soon be," Aileen says.

"I knew my wish would make her act. Her help would be crucial for our victory. I hope she doesn't hold it against me."