Chapter 111: Battle Of Camp Half-Blood

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

I watch as everyone stood ready, their armor shining in the light. It wouldn't be long before the Titan's army would pour out of the dark maze. A frightened Hecate child came back not long ago from the corridors. I am not surprised, it must be a massive number. Luckily he didn't see any Titans or Luke, but Kampê was back. I don't know how it came back so quickly, but that is bad.

The area was heavily fortified around the entrance which was located on a rocky hill. Around it, there are a large number of traps that were made by the Hephaestus cabin. On top of the entrance was Apollo cabin ready to shoot down on the Titan Army. The other Demigods were positioned behind a ditch filled with spikes that go from hillside to hillside.

I stood with Annabeth behind the ditch and fighters. Clarisse and Chiron were among the fighters and would lead them in battle. Calypso in the meantime would lead the magic user. Her proficiency in magic dwarfs those of Hecate and Vincent had no trouble following Calypso's orders.

"Aileen, how are you doing," Annabeth asks as she stood right next to me.

"Good. I am just afraid of how many will be wounded or killed. The news wasn't great. Hundreds march on us while we only have around fifty Demigods. Of course, the dryads and satyrs are a welcome addition, but they mostly are better at taking care of the wounded and making sure all supplies were kept stocked. At most they can slow things down and help carry the wounded... still, even Cal and I will focus on the heavy hitters," I answer while letting out a sigh.

"We are prepared. Many traps have been placed. The Apollo cabin stands ready to drown them in arrows. And the Ares cabin... well, they are the Ares cabin. Even Aphrodite's children are joining the ranks. We will make it and with all of us working together, I am sure we won't have many deaths," Annabeth assured me, her fingers intertwining with mine as she gives it a squeeze.

"I guess you're right. It would have helped if I or Bianca could have called on the dead... Hades must have called them all into her army. I don't know, but I would feel much better if we had just a bit more numbers on our side," I say while smiling at Annabeth briefly.

"I know, but we have to deal with the cards-" Annabeth was about to say but a horn soon echoed from behind us. Zoe that stood a bit away to my left lifted her eyebrows in surprise as she turned to the sound. Still, a bright smile formed on her lips.

"The Hunters of Artemis," Zoe stated as all the Demigods along with Chiron and Calypso watch dozens of Hunters emerge from the forest. A smirking Thalia led the group as they orderly stood ready for battle behind her.

"Reporting for duty, Creepy Girl. Wow, look at you! I bet Annabeth drools with glee at your new appearance," Thalia says to me and Annabeth with a grin. A deep sigh came from my golden-haired girl, but I can't help but laugh as I pull her in a hug.

"Thalia what am I glad to see you! What are you doing here?" I ask. Chiron soon joined us as he looks shocked but relieved at the same time.

"Orders from Artemis. We are spread thin across the country, but she found it vital that you received reinforcements. Five dozen hunters are ready to assist. Where do you need us?"

"We could use the Hunters to reinforce the Apollo cabin. They should be safe and effective on the rocky hill while the others keep the army occupied behind the ditch filled with spikes and the traps in front of it. Thank you for coming, Thalia," Chiron says with a relieved smile. I nod in agreement, but Thalia would be more helpful on the front line. Apollo cabin and the Hunters can shoot at the back of their army. It was good for us that the entrance was situated on the side of the rocky hill.