Chapter 51: To Battle!

"Say what now?" Vincent asks in confusion.

"You heard me, Vincent. You have been ignoring your heart! Why?," Selina asks as her voice is authoritative and commanding. Vincent is not able to fight the scarf and power of Selina. He is trying though as he gritted his teeth, but it is vain.

"I want to give Hecate the respect she deserves! Olympian or not, she deserves better..." he says reluctantly.

"And what about Marie? Do you seek to give her what she deserves? Glory, power, Godhood?" She asks further. "I do not deserve her... My actions hurt her more than I wished for. She must hate me now..." he says in a barely audible whisper.

"Marie still loves you, Vincent. I felt no hate when I last spoke with her. I don't know what you did, but she does not hold it against you," I say, trying to find a more comfortable sitting position. Selina glances at me before looking at Vincent again.

"Aileen, is your aunt, correct? Why hand her to Luke when you know he will be doing twisted things to her. I sense your feelings, Vincent. Family means a lot to you. You love your family, why do this, then?" Selina asks.

"What do you want from me?! Who cares what happens to me, my siblings, to the many other misplaced Demigods? We were outcasts in Camp Half-Blood, and outcasts we will remain," he says bitterly.

"Then fight for your rightful place. Prove to the Gods you're worthy. The Titan King will grant no such honor to you, Vincent. He has no love for us born from mortals. He cares solely for power and revenge against his children. The moment he does not need you, you'll be cast aside. An outcast once more," I say to him.

"It is time you follow your heart, Vincent. Let me remind you what that means," Selina says as she stands up. A finger moving towards his heart. "I will show you your feelings, Vincent. It will make you see the truth."

A soft glow appears as the finger touches the chest of Vincent. His eyes widen as they dart around the space rapidly. It looks as if he sees flashes of memories of long ago. They hold much pain, it seems, as tears roll down his face. Pain is being carved into his face as he sees them.

"Mother... I am so sorry. Forgive me for hurting you, cursing at you. Forgive me," he cried out in pain. Vincent falls to the floor as he cried, tears falling to the floor as a hand clutches his chest.

"It's not too late. You can make things right. Make amends, fight for a worthy cause. Have hope that a brighter future is waiting for you, Vincent," I say comfortingly, smiling at him. "You'll... forgive me?" He asks with a shaky voice.

"You're family. I always have faith in my family, Vincent. You should always put faith in those close to you. Lost or not," I answer. Vincent waves his hand to the chains, releasing me from my prison. My power rushes back to my body. As if my senses came out of a deep sleep.

"Forgive me, Aileen. I tainted our family's honor. Marie... oh mother, I will beg for your forgiveness," he says as he rises to his feet, wiping his tears away.

The tent opens again as one of Vincent's siblings enters. I believe her name is Alissa. "Brother? I heard you cry out... What's going on?!" Alissa asks, shocked to see me free and Selina in the middle of the tent. Vincent takes a deep breath before looking at his sister.

"Gather our brothers and sisters. There is something I need to say to them. I will side with evil no longer. I will take up my arms for Olympus, sister. Olympus needs us," he says firmly, taking his scabbard. "I'll show these Gods what we're made of."

Alissa smiles softly, relief washing over her. "Thank you, Vincent. Doubt was spreading among us. Hecate does not answer our prayers. It's like her stance is shifting," she says. Vincent smiles at her, taking hold of her shoulder.

"I know. It's time we chose our own path. Our own path to make our wishes true. We will fight for our parents in an honorable way. Go. Get our brothers and sisters. The time has come to declare our allegiance. And I decided to fight for Olympus," he says, squeezing her shoulder. Alissa nods, smiling gratefully at him. She hugs him tightly before she runs out.

"Selina, I hated to see the memories of what I did to Marie. But thank you. I blinded myself to what was... is important. I do ask that you never do that to me again," he says as he shakes his head to shake the memories away. "I promise. Let the past drive you, Vincent. Let it push you to do the right thing," Selina says, patting his shoulder firmly.

"You Barbie girls are scary. Alright... gather your arms. We march together into battle today. Luke is coming," he says, and marched forwards to his destiny. We follow suit, me in my dark armor and arms and Selina with her sword.

As we exit the tent, we are met by Alissa and the rest of the children of Hecate. In the background, giants are being burned alive for some reason. The Hecate siblings seem not to care. I guess they hated them...

"Commander, what's going on?" One of Vincent's siblings ask. The group of eight siblings are looking to Vincent for guidance. They have great respect for him by the looks of it.

"I am no longer a commander. From now on, I am just Vincent Corvius, Son of Hecate. Each of us has a chose to make. We can choose the Titan King and let evil reign over the lands, or we choose Olympus in the hope for a brighter future. I choose hope. I choose Olympus," he starts to say to them. Vincent scans them intently before he continued. "Will you stand with me? Are you willing to fight for a worthy cause? Will you follow me to our new destiny?"

They stared at him in silence for a good few minutes. Some frowning deep in thought, others looking at their hands as if the answers are written in the patterns of their hands. Alissa is the first to speak. "I will, Vincent. For now and always," she says, smiling at him. The other soon joined in with their own cries of support.

Our gazes go to the horizon as it starts to fill with dust, the ground trembles as we notice a large army of monsters marching our way. I can see Luke spearheading the group. A displeased expression covers his face. It makes me smile, Percy and Annabeth are seeking the fleece, it seems. Vincent takes out his sword as he goes to stand in front of his siblings, throwing the scabbard on the ground.

"Let magic course through you, my brothers and sisters. Show them to fear our power!"

An air of thick magic sweeps through the air. One daughter of Hecate starts to coat herself in electricity, another pounds his fist together while flames erupt around him. The children of magic prepare for war. However, we need more soldiers. This will end in us being dead if we do not get an army of our own. I have never tried it before, but it is now or never. I plunge my sword of darkness into the ground.

"Denizens of the Underworld heed my call! Rise from your eternal rest. Seek glory once more on the field of battle. The world is calls on you once again! Answer the call to the battle!" I say with a deep and strong voice.

A small crack in the ground is forming. It spreads around like a spider making its web. A loud crack and the shaking of the ground soon followed. The ground bursts open as an army of Spartan soldiers marched out with their battle cries as they form a spear wall in front of us. A final ear deafening roar comes from them as they stand ready for battle.

"For Olympus!"