Chapter 106: Shuffling In The Godly Realm

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

The border regions of the camp were still quite beautiful. Especially considering the closeness to New York and the pollution coming from it. It must be the influence of the nymphs that reside in the camp. I guess their influence even extends somewhat in these parts. Personally, I have never been here too many times and there is also not much to do.

However, Calypso asked me to gather some flora here and I had nothing better to do. Annabeth and company were resting after escaping the army of Kronos, so I couldn't talk much with them. Even though my divine duties were not many, but I still had to go to some places to perform some of my duties. Mainly in the countryside and in Richmond. Probably the result of Marie. I will have to pay a visit to Lady Night today as well. It is best to not wait too long.

As I stood back up from picking up a pretty red flower, I see in the distance that someone is running toward me. The person is distressed and, from every angle, is trying to run for his life. I tilt my head curiously as I see the running person, but I raise an eyebrow as I recognize the running person as Nico.

"Aileen! You gotta help me!" Nico screams as he runs to me. I lean a bit to the right to see what's chasing him which causes both my eyebrows to raise upward. Ares?

"Help... me," Nico breathes out as he stops right next to me.

"What's happening Nico?"

"You will die!" Ares bellows out angrily as he readies his bronze sword in the air. He looks furious. His eyes are brightly shining with intense fires. The form he took is more muscular and war-hardened, similar to a Spartan Warrior that fought in wars all his life. It is covered with scars from battles long past. Is this what he looked like when they were in Greece, I pondered.

I summon my star and slam it into Ares with the force of a meteor that crashed on the Earth. Ares flew through the sky and let out a pained cry, but I feel the anger bubbling hotter and hotter. This man is living on his anger and desire for blood. What does Aphrodite see in him? I don't get it.

"Stand down Ares. He will not be harmed," I say with a deep and stern voice. Ares who landed on the ground again was covered in the rocks and dirt that came from his landing. I have to say that it looked painful. Nico in the meantime took shelter behind me, wearily looking at the God of War.

"Get out of my way! He destroyed everything I cared for!" The angry voice of Ares bellows. In a strong swing, he threw everything off him. Now his entire body seems covered in red flames. My brows knit together while I summon my star to me.

"Nico. I don't know what you did, but you best cover your eyes. He's almost completely transformed," I say softly to the boy. He clenched his eyes shut while encasing himself in darkness. It was thick, almost a meter thick. I am not sure if it will be enough, but it sure will be enough for now.

"Destroyed what, Ares?"

"Aphrodite hates me! All because of him! He stole my belongings," Ares seethes out, pacing in front of me ready to strike Nico down.

"I wonder why she hates you. Perhaps she finally saw you for the person you are? You are a bully, easily angered, easily persuaded to do stupid things. My guess is that you caused this yourself. Whatever Nico did, which he certainly did not do on purpose, you were the one that allowed it to happen. Can't you see that it is you who is the problem here?"

"You shouldn't have said that," Ares hissed out. "I am better than you! The only problem here is you, that cowering sack of dead meat! And all those damn Punks! I'll kill you all!"

Ares raised his sword and charged at me with blistering speed. I flick my wrist and send my star at him with the speed of light. Ares was not able to get out of the way as he took the full force of the star, however, it barely slowed him down. His sword swiped at me while I barely duck below the sharp metal. I materialize my Stygian sword and counterattack. A swing with significant force and speed. Ares was not impressed as he blocked and kicked me in the stomach. Fuck me, he is stronger than that one time at the beach.