Chapter 107: A God has found Rest

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

I look to the sky as I watch the stars. The shock of Aphrodite taking Nico hasn't left me yet as I lay in between the flowers. I wonder what will happen to Nico. I mean, I am very positive he is gay. Perhaps he is a bit bi-curious. It is just the fact that Aphrodite even shows an interest in him. This will cause a shock wave that I couldn't even imagine. What will the other Gods say? How will the Aphrodite Cabin react if it results in marriage?!

Gods... my mind is scrambled. Even my Godly brain fails to help me by giving me any insight. The easiness to read Aphrodite is now the opposite when it comes to these matters. Or she blocks me out. I don't know, but man... Nico! What have you become a player! I am so proud of you!

"Aileen?"

My gaze goes to my left and sees Selina walking toward me. She seems a bit shocked? No, her expression is more of utter disbelief. My guess is that she heard of Aphrodite and Nico. If anyone would hear something first, it would be the head counselor of the Aphrodite Cabin. And she does wear the scarf of Aphrodite, it must mean she has a better connection to Aphrodite herself than any other person in Camp. Well, expect the major player called Nico di Angelo!

"Hey, Selina! What can this Goddess do for you?" I ask with a smile, patting the space next to me. Luckily, this section is mainly grass while some flowers surround me. I wouldn't want to destroy any of the flowers Calypso planted. Selina seems to be processing something of epic proportions which only amplifies my conclusion of her knowing about Aphrodite and Nico.

"Say... where is Nico?" She asks while she lies next to me on the dirt-covered ground.

"Good question. I don't know. He went somewhere with Lady Aphrodite. On a date probably," I answer the girl. Selina stared in stillness at the sky. She only blinked a few times as she rested her hands on her belly. It was silent for a good minute before I saw her turning to me again, a certain level of shock but it was more confusion and disbelief.

"A date... A Half-Blood son of Hades on a date with Aphrodite?" Selina asked softly for clarification. I nod with a smile.

"Amazing, right!"

"More like a shock! If this... goes well, by the Gods he will be..." she mutters. Her face is still and stoic as she seems shell-shocked.

"Your step-father! Amazing right!"

A deep shaky breath leaves Selina as she turns her gaze to me. "I don't know how to feel about this. At least... Nico seems nice? Gods, I don't even want to think about it."

My smile is from ear to ear as I scoot the girl and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "I will be honest, Nico is probably gay. Or bisexual, but it seems he rather have a romance with a man. So, it's not like everything has been set in stone. But Nico is a good man. He will treat her well," I assured her.

"Aileen, you don't know what Aphrodite's mere presence does to you. For you, it may be limited, but for others... if she is somewhat interested in you, you would be feeling over the moon. Believe me," Selina says as she massages her face.

"Well, it's not the end of the world. What's the reason for you being so hesitant about this?" I ask the girl. She shrugs as she lets out another deep breath.

"I don't know. Aphrodite and Hephaestus have been together for millennia. Ares a lover for millennia. Don't you see what a shock wave this will cause? Gods were willing to fight over Aphrodite when she appeared!"

"Mhm, I know. But I have been informed that all the Gods on the council were off-limits to Aphrodite. And me. Although, I wouldn't even be able to consider her. Aah, Annabeth... my beautiful-"