Chapter 86: Searching

Bianca di Angelo

I sat with Nico, Vincent, and Chiron in the Big House. It is where we have been staying for these last few weeks. Our own cabin is not safe for us to enter. Mainly the sleeping quarters, but we still can't sleep there. Chiron allowed us to sleep in the Big House while the Hecate children sleep in the Hermes cabin. Chiron looks us over with a soft expression. He sighs a bit as he leans a bit on the pingpong table.

"I wish I could explain more about what will happen in the coming days, but Aileen's situation is unique. The only thing I could offer is that she will probably get through this. We... have felt her presence. Annabeth even claimed she had seen her manifesting for brief periods. All I can say is that her power grows exponentially, and that she will survive," Chiron says.

"What did the Gods decide? I bet they discussed this," Vincent asks. His face is harder as he glances at our cabin. Chiron gives the young man a reassuring smile. His right hand was placed on his shoulder.

"They did. She will be accepted among them... by some. It is not the Gods I am worried about at the moment. The labyrinth needs to be explored. There's an entrance in this camp and Luke needs it to invade the camp. The only problem is that we do not know where it is. Annabeth volunteered to find it and delve into the maze," Chiron explains.

"Where is she now?" I ask.

Annabeth became rather reclusive. After she visited Aileen, she kept herself busy, preparing and planning from what I can tell. Many times she visited Clarisse to talk about her experience I think. But not only that, I saw her praying to Aileen. When she thought she was alone in the forest, I heard her talking about her days. What is happening in the camp. How she missed Aileen's touch and dumb behavior. I am not certain whether Aileen spoke back, but I hope Aileen did.

"Annabeth is going to Grover who is meeting with the Cloven Council. We will join them soon as well. But first, a new counselor needs to be chosen. Who will take the role?" He asks us.

"What do you think, Nico? I am willing to take the role, but we're only with two. Hecate's children do not count after all."

"We could share the position. Just like the Hermes Cabin with the Stoll twins," he suggests. Not a bad idea. At least we can be a sort of balance, I hope. Chiron nods in acceptance.

"Very well. Unfortunately, the cabin is more or less inhospitable. These last few weeks Lord Zagreus has blocked entry and Aileen's growing presence makes it quite dangerous. I am uncertain whether you can stay here at the Big House. It is not for Demigods to be staying in this building and Lord Dionysus would probably not like it. I have to ask that you either sleep in the Hermes cabin or in the Underworld. Hades probably gave you a room there," Chiron says to us both.

"We'll think about it, Chiron. I think we will probably sleep in the Underworld in that case. The Hermes cabin is rather... busy," I answer.

"That is true. Well, I think we should make our way to the meeting as well. I am sure Grover would like to see you," he says.

The meeting was held in a large and ancient-looking Willow tree. It was located in a beautiful part of the camp where nature is abundant. In the tree was a path that lead towards a waterfall. Moving just past the waterfall, we entered a glade that held the meeting.

In the middle was a circle made out of Satyrs. Grover stood in the middle of it. A little bit away from it stood Annabeth, a green girl who was being comforted by Annabeth, Percy, Zoe, and Clarisse. To be honest, I am not sure what the meeting is about. I suspect it has to do with the Labyrinth. Clarisse and Annabeth are here which want or have been in that place. Not sure why Zoe is here, but the green girl must be the girlfriend of Grover. She looks angry at the older Satyrs that were listening to Grover.