Chapter 66: Operation Rescue Starts

I exit my cabin as I look around camp. It will probably be some time till I see the pleasant and comforting space I call home again. I turn around to face both Bianca and Nico, who stood in the doorway.

"Make the Hades cabin proud," Bianca says with a smile. "You don't want to be the laughingstock, would you?"

"Ha! You have a lot to learn, young one," I say with a laugh before pulling both into my embrace. "Take care of each other. Train hard, and don't lose sight of what is important. Okay?"

Both embrace back as they inhale deeply. "Take care, Aileen. I don't want to burn the shroud we will make for you because you're dead," Nico says softly. I take a step back to look both of them over again.

Bianca changed her look slightly. She still wears a green or sometimes brown hoodie, but her hair is now out of her face and in a loose braid. Nico still is very much Nico. The only difference that is really noticeable is that he has more determination and drive. Also, he now mostly wears the orange camp shirt. It suits him if I am honest.

"I will come back. But..." I say before I contemplated on how to say the following part. There was always something that was always bugging me with the siblings. They are excellent fighters, or are at least well on their way, but they seem not very connected to Hades and her domain. Over the days I spent with them, they hardly displayed any of the powers. I fear they need a sort of jumpstart, so to speak.

"Something the matter?" Bianca asks as he cocks her head in curiosity. "I have a task for you two. A sort of... self discovering journey. It is to help you two connect with your own inner nature. I couldn't help but notice the lack of powers you two show," I explained.

They glance at each other nervously. It seems they noticed as well. I can see what is happening. They lack the will to make mistakes. Their spontaneous trip over the ocean may have caused it. Nothing another trip can fix. A trip to the Underworld.

"And what do you want us to do then?" Nico asks carefully. "I suggest you go to the root of our power, Nico. A place where we feel at home. A place where we are most in tune with our inner nature. You two should go to the Underworld," I say.

Nico looks more respective of the idea, while Bianca is a bit unsure about it. But after a deep sigh and a silent prayer, she nods. "I- I guess so..." she says with still an amount of uncertainty. "I am excited!" Nico exclaimed.

"Good. But be aware. It is our home, but it contains its own dangers. This will not be a light journey and definitely hard. Mentally exhausting, but also physically draining. Only one that wields the powers of Hades can overcome them. Now, I suggest you meet with Hades to start your journey. She will guide you," I explained to both.

"She will pick us up?" Bianca asks in a hopeful tone. "No. You will go to her. Shadow travel to her palace. The first hurdle to overcome," I say. My hand goes to the side of our cabin, creating enough shadow for them to use. "Hades awaits your arrival. Make me proud, but most of all; make yourself proud and discover who you are."

They look at the pool of shadow. Their eyes a bit fearful, but Nico nods firmly and steps forward, entering the shadows. Bianca sighs. "I won't let him get the best of me," she mutters and follows suit. Both disappeared through the shadows. For minutes, I concentrated on their life force. It didn't flicker or even dulled, so they should at least be alive. Let's hope they reached Hades.

I turn around and walk to my car. Lets safe Annabeth! And Artemis, I suppose.

I waited in the car for everyone else. The first one to arrive is Thalia, who takes a seat next to me. Her face look red as does her eyes. Either was laughing very loudly or she has been crying. But this is Thalia, so most likely laughing.