Chapter 103: Daedalus

Annabeth Chase

We ran through many tunnels and corridors to make sure we have put enough distance between the arena and ourselves. The demigod that Percy fought was nowhere to be seen when we left. He must have fled too when Aileen and Calypso manhandled the bull. I have to say, it is lucky we have such help on occasion. Not to mention very much a turn-on.

Our group soon found themselves in a large open room. We didn't have the energy to continue. So, we plopped down to have some much-needed rest. A comforting fire was soon lit out of the debris found in the room.

"Nice guy, that Luke, he was your friend?" Sarah asks.

"Is. He is just... not himself at the moment," I corrected her, "You saw how he looked. Nervous, and sick. Something was happening to him."

"I don't know. He looked fine with putting me in danger. There was even a smile on his face while he observed the fight. He may have 'spared' you but I am not convinced he turned over a new leaf," Percy added.

"She may be more right than you know, Percy. I can't be sure as it is more the specialty of Nico, but something is off about him. The soul is not entirely... at peace? Not sure, but something is off," Bianca says to clarify things. Well, things didn't become very clear, but it sounds about right to me.

"Whatever, he is not here that is what is most important."

"You're so insensitive, Percy! Don't you care about your friend?"

"Annabeth, I had to fight for my life! I am sorry if my survival is not very important to you," Percy says irritated.

"Jeez, settle down, little children. We don't need this right now. Say you're sorry and we can have some rest in peace," Bianca says.

"We are not children!?" Percy and I say in unison. How can she say that? I am more mature than him any day. What an insult now that I think about it.

"See, little children. Listen to your elder. Now, say you're sorry."

"Ugh, sorry, Annabeth..." Percy says with some reluctance.

"Yes me too," I say with equal reluctance. I hate saying sorry for not doing anything wrong, but Aileen was listening no doubt. She will probably remind us to get along and all that nonsense. Even if Percy can boil my blood.

"Wait, you're older? I am pretty sure even I am older than you," Rachel says with a raised eyebrow.

"Unless you were born before 1932, I am pretty sure I am the oldest here," Bianca says with a smirk, her hands proudly resting on her hips.

"Who is the child now? You are proud of being so old?" Rachel laughs. Bianca looks taken aback and flustered. "Uh... well... I don't know," Bianca mutters. Percy and I laugh as we watch Bianca looks the other way.

"I'll take the first watch..." she says and moves away to sit near the entrance. "Be careful not to fall! It can be very dangerous for old people!" Rachel calls after her.

"Shut up you Red-Headed Nightmare!"

"Better that than being old!"

Aileen "Pistis" Corvius

"How is the plan going?" Hephaestus asks through the Iris message.

"Good. I feel like I am taking advantage of Nico here. Are you very sure no one can retrace it to us?" I ask.

The God shrugs as he sat down on his motorized chair. "I am certain they will know it was me. I don't think your role will be discovered. At least, unless Apollo says something about it. You can't escape his foresight, unfortunately. Even so, he will find it amusing most likely and will not interfere," he answers.