Chapter 55: The Golden Fleece

I sat patiently at the foot of Half-Blood hill. Clarrisse had come back to camp not long ago. Of course, I congratulated her on bringing the Fleece back. But I was worried about the others. Annabeth, Percy, and Grover covered the exit of Clarisse by holding back Luke. From the looks of it, he had two plans of returning Kronos faster. Me and the Golden Fleece. I have to give him credit, he made some good strategies. His only downfall was that he underestimated our power.

They placed the Fleece as soon as possible on the tree. It worked. The tree began its healing process in a rapid pace. Everyone was relieved to know that the border would remain strong and protect the camp from any major enemies. I was of course happy too, but more so by what I felt stirring again.

After the Fleece was placed, I waited for Annabeth, Percy, Grover and Tyson. They shouldn't be taking long to return after Clarisse. Sure, Luke will stall them, but not stop them. They have Percy as the muscle and Annabeth as the brains. Hardly anything could stop that combination.

"Still waiting for Annabeth?" Selina asks as she approaches me. "Yes. I will wait till they return. Selina, I really miss Annabeth. I even miss her hitting my head, and I don't even like it." Selina chuckles as she sits next to me.

"Do you mind if I wait with you?" She asks as she sits next to me. "The more, the merrier. How has things gone? I know you've told the truth about you and the poisoning of the tree."

Selina sighs a bit as she looks at the grassy ground. "My siblings were the most forgiving. Same goes for Clarisse, we are good friends, after all. I am not sure about her fellow Ares cabin members, but they accepted it. The rest... they have been keeping an eye on me. I do not blame them, it's not strange. At least me having your back and rescuing you gave me some credibility. I guess I still have to work on earning the complete trust of them again," she explains.

"Most trust you, Selina. I can assure you," I say reassuringly as I gave her shoulder a squeeze. "I guess you'd know. Goddess, eh? Never thought I would be interacting with one in a daily basis," she says with a chuckle.

"Yeah, it is certainly spreading around now. I don't see why I should keep it a secret anymore. If the Titan King knows of it, then the rest may as well."

We both look up as we hear the sound of people walking towards us. Six hooves and three pair of feet. Well, one pair was running. It truly made me smile brightly as I saw Annabeth running towards me. I jumped to my feet and spread my arm wide for her, inviting her into my embrace. It made her smile even wider.

Annabeth jumped on me. Her legs winding around my waist and arms around my neck. A koala taking hold of its tree. The soft lips soon came crashing down on mine. "I missed you, Aileen," she says through the kiss, not wanting to let go of my lips.

"I missed you too, Annabeth," I say as I hold her up. An exhale of contentment leaves her as she looks me over with a smile. "You look good. I was worried you would be gravely wounded. Luke said he fought you too," she says. "I have Xandra, Selina and Vincent to thank for my safe return. It would not have ended well without them."

Annabeth looks towards Selina with a grateful expression. "You have no idea how grateful I am, Selina. Thank you for keeping her safe." Selina shifts a bit on her spot, a soft smile on her lips as she looks at her. "It was my redemption. You do not have to thank me, Annabeth."

"Hmm, I see. You're the spy. Luke mentioned you. I have no hard feelings. You saved this dummy, and that's all that matters to me," Annabeth says, making herself comfortable as she still is held up by me.

"Of course, Annabeth. Happy to make sure the love flows," she giggles softly. We are then joined by the others. "Speaking of love... I heard you were about to be married, Grover! Ah... so young- ow! Already?!" I say with a groan, rubbing my poor, poor head.