Chapter 80: Celebration With The Gods

Have you ever wondered where you should go for a party? The one that will give you the ultimate kick and everything you desire?

A party in your street for all? Nah, that isn't it.

Party at a local disco? Couldn't be further from it.

Okay, maybe one of those parties where a famous singer like Freddie Mercury from Queen is playing? Child's play.

Olympus has it all. Music that is so perfect it could either make you cry instantly or inspire you to do great things. But above all, it makes you want to dance till your feet are bleeding. Drink and food were of the finest quality as Dionysus was responsible. And let me tell you, he knows what is good. If I could, I want him to take care of all the food and drink at my wedding.

Aphrodite made sure we were all dressed perfectly. Dresses of the finest silks, hair done in the most intricate way that brings out your face, make-up is done in a way only she could. Luckily I was able to talk her out of making me wear heels. She wasn't thrilled about it but went along with it after a few minutes of pleading.

Apollo also came to help me recover instantly. It made all the pain go away, muscles felt so energized as if I could run three marathons. I am grateful to no longer be stuck in a wheelchair. The pain and sore muscles from carrying the sky is not a sensation I enjoy. Annabeth and Artemis will know what I mean.

As our group came from the top of the mountain, the party only became livelier. Laurels were put on our heads. Immortals of all sorts came our way to congratulate us. Even those on the council eventually joined the celebration. Annabeth and I walked into the party with interlaced arms. Godlings and spirits tried to dance with us or split us up, but we're like glue. Unable to let each other go. I won't after I spend so much time away from her.

Multiple Gods came over to congratulate us, Hermes was one of the first. He is surprisingly cool and very nice. Both me and Annabeth did not have the heart to tell him about how Luke is doing, but I am sure he knows either way. It is hard to see your child like this I think.

I also saw Dionysus, and he was actually smiling. He walked around with his wife Ariadne. Along the way, he made sure all drinks and food were available in boundless quantity. Goblets were filled with whatever you desired. Food of any kind is ready to be eaten by anyone. Dionysus looked happy for once. It is good to see it. He may be a pain in the ass sometimes, but Dionysus can be a good company to have.

Annabeth squeezed my hand to give me a signal in the hope we could get away from all the Gods that surrounded us. I smile and began excusing myself. We soon walked away from the crowd of minor Gods.

"Thanks, Aileen. It was getting tiresome," Annabeth say through a sigh. Her hand tucked some gray hairs behind her ear. A reminder of what she underwent, but it still makes her beautiful. I chuckle a bit, these minor Gods and Godlings can be noisy and very irritating.

"We should enjoy ourselves. This party is specifically held for us after all. Perhaps we can dance a bit? We could even ask for a slow tune?"

Annabeth leans into my side. Her arms wind around my waist. "I love to dance with you. I missed you very much, Aileen."

"Me too, I even briefly cursed Zoe when you were kidnapped. I was so angry and sad. I only regret not coming sooner. Believe me, Annabeth. Nothing would have stopped me from coming to get you home."

Annabeth smiles brightly, cheeks blushing softly as she looks at me. Her arms soon curl across my neck to push a passionate kiss on the lips. Why aren't we married yet?

"It's okay. We're alive and that's what's important now. This time we'll face our obstacles together again," she says, kissing me on the cheek as a final touch before we walk to the dance floor.