Chapter 74: Children Of Death

My gaze scans the beach for anything out of the ordinary. I couldn't find much. Zoe was leading the troupe and Percy was pushed forward towards what I suspect was the Old Man. My focus drifted away from them and towards the street that held many of the shops. As I walk by the shops and eating places, I raise an eyebrow as I see a young girl and boy sitting at a table in a small restaurant.

They look to have experienced some horrors, scary trials, and very much a thrilling adventure. At the moment, they seem to be relaxing. The girl was soaking in the sun, her eyes closed and smiling softly. While the boy was intensely focusing on the spread of cards in front of him. Slowly picking some out and putting them in a small stack of cards. I think he is making a new deck for a game or something. What am I glad to see these two; Bianca and Nico.

"I love the sun..." Bianca murmurs out. "It was a brilliant idea to take a small vacation here, Nico."

"After all we went through..." he says as a shiver went through his body. "I think we deserved it. Aileen send us on a horror quest! Half the things I saw... Gods! I am amazed I do not have nightmares."

Bianca laughs as she leans further into her chair, sipping her milkshake. A content sigh leaves her as she enjoys the relative calm. I slowly approach them without making my presence known. Slowly and sneakily with the help of shadows, I take a seat in between them. Only when I am sure they are not expecting it do I reveal myself. Even so, they are more focussed on their current activities. Bianca with baking in the sun and Nico with his game.

"You know, I almost wish Aileen was here..." Bianca says through a content sigh. "I wonder how they're doing on their quest."

"Ah, you know. Just saving the world," I say nonchalantly while shrugging. Bianca chuckles.

"That's exactly what she would say. I mean, Annabeth is her world, I suppose," Bianca says, not noticing I am here. Nico on the other hand looked up with wide eyes in shock. I kept him quiet as I press a finger to my lips. Nico smiled, quietly chuckling to himself.

"Oh, she is my world. How's the milkshake? Want another one?" I ask with a smirk. Bianca shrugs.

"Thanks, but I am good, Aileen."

"Suit yourself."

"Wait! Aileen?!" Bianca says shocked as her eyes shot in my direction. I laughed at her reaction. "How are you here?! I thought you were on a quest!"

"I am, but it seems our paths crossed. Something is happening soon. I like to ask for your help,"

Bianca sighs as a hand goes through her hair while Nico looks not very enthusiastic either. I wonder what the underworld made them face to become so tired. Bianca gulps her milkshake down and Nico begrudgingly stored away his cards. Curiously, they just accepted my plea. Reluctantly, but no complaints.

"What is it now..." Bianca says reluctantly, not looking forward to what I will say. The same goes for Nico. Both were hoping for a quiet "vacation" by the looks of it.

"First, are you two okay? No injuries of any kind, I hope?" I ask them with concern. The Underworld is dangerous and from what Nico said, it turned out they saw some nightmarish things.

"You were right. I felt at home there, but I didn't expect it to be so... mentally scary! I mean ghosts were trying to possess us, ghouls trying to eat us, weird worm thingies that chased us, and we got lost! Lost and forced to enter Tartarus! That place sucks the life out of you, figuratively speaking of course," Nico blabbered out, eyes flashing with some of the horrors he has seen.

"It was really taxing. We sure had to use our power to the fullest to survive that place. Gods, you forced us both to learn on the spot!" Bianca says.

"Jeez, sounds like a lot... but I am very glad to see you came out alive. And I am very proud of you two. Truly, I have been where you have been. It takes much to pull through it. Although, I never had a ghost trying to possess me or a ghoul attempting to eat me," I say while smiling with pride at them.