26| The Final Resource

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters :
Anandhani
Priyamvada : Best friend of Anandhani
Madhavi: Anandhani's mentor.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

A sweet breeze broke down the royal court from its entrance through the window towards the right, the room stood under a layer of dust since it had been closed for a week the only corner that glimmered with the sparks of energy was the royal pedestal with the four limbs of the throne lying frictionless to its contact.

A force of friction agitated against the sudden force being applied toward the throne for pushing it away, a minute or two wasn't enough for the hands that clasped their palms with the throne to push it away under the marshy condition under the influence of sweat trickling down their limbs. Anandhani was eradicated by Priyamvada for expressing her will of helping them on the claim of their efficiency of physical endurance.

Though Anandhani's palpitation had increased with the flow of time. The fear of being caught held the rein of her mind making her expressions come of apprehensive but the hard work paved off. The throne shifted the position of its limb with the constant push that it received from the two young ladies.

A gash of sound waves penetrated Anandhani's ear making her eyes bend down and look for the sudden cause. The throne had shifted leading to a special path. The pedestal was strong but it stood on a hollow cavity with steps encircling the majority of the expanse.

Anandhani's hand held a wooden torch lit with fire that guided their way to the throne room the flame had started to extinguish under the sway of the wind but it didn't matter much because the courtroom was already ablaze with several wooden torches lighting the chamber under the blanket of stars which had almost disappeared.

"Nandhani, what to do next?" Priyamvada got up from her position and posed a question to be answered by Anandhani.

"We must grab some wooden torches and stare deep into the hollow cavity for a clear perception of our move." her hand raised and pointed her index finger in the direction of the wall.

Her movement was reprimanded by the sudden action of Madhavi, she brought a few wooden torches for their aid. Each individual was handed one single extinguished torch that carried the bitter odor of kerosene with one of the wooden torches burning well under the presence of ample oxygen.

The hollow cavity was surrounded by the ladies, Madhavi positioned her limb a little onward to bring forth the light for the hidden passage, as they had already seen that there were steps for walking down but weren't sure of the condition.

The stairs were pure in silver molded in the perfect outline of cuboids placed next to one another, walking on them with fire in hand was risky because of its thermo sensitivity. The outlay of their motion was clear but should they proceed?

Madhavi faced Anandhani asking for permission to enter, her face hoisted up and her hand moved in the gesture of a question. It took a fractional juncture for or Anandhani's mind merely sink in the sensitivity of the movement, she had to think of a plan.

With her plan ready, her head swaddled up and down on symphony of optimism, "Madhavi, you will lead us. Please count the number of steps so that it will be easy for use to climb, even in the absence of light."

The first step was taken forward by Madhavi to let the instruction that she received. With her foot landing on the first stair her heart pounced out with the sound of crackling, when looked forward it was a leaf. A leaf in such a condition was absolutely out of the box, none could imagine the opening of the hollow den but how could this leaf be present there? There was no time to think about the leaf. Anandhani followed Madhavi's movement with Priyamvada replicating the same.