43| The Perished Stories

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters
Devakesh: Father of Anandhani.
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Sridhar: Eldest child of Anandhani.
Satyayani: Queen mother.
Avidhen: Eldest brother of Cheeranjeevi.
Lakshmi: Cousin of Anandhani.
Kanishka: Brother of Cheeranjeevi.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

B

orn as a royal she had attained the destiny to be caught in a cobweb of mysteries and conspiracies, but the extent that she had achieved didn't seem sober to her mind. The numerous deaths that she had come across didn't change her conscience but she was indeed changed in some other manner. 

"Sridhar, is my son?" A perplexed Anandhani felt a trembling sensation run through her mind, she had transcended mysteries but what about conspiracies?

She didn't, out to lunch to the cries of Kanishka, though she wanted to hear those wails of the monster behind her, being clad in white. She waited for the entry of the person who had proclaimed the identity of Sridhar being her son

The silhouette approached, it was a lady with a bundle in her palms. The bundle was in motion, easy to be comprehended that it was a kid. Being in light, the face seemed quite familiar to Anandhani. Her eyes widened at the realizationtion of the person's identity.  The person was familiar with herself, milk like complexion, almond-shaped copper brown eyes, and violet lips. The child in her hands was a male, a dignified one; Clad in cocoon built clothes and a Shaivite tilak on his forehead.

"Sister?" Anandhani's voice cracked, she looked at Satyayani for affirmation.

Horrified, the emotion deeply shared by Devakesh, Satyayani, and Anandhani at the moment. 

"Wasn't she supposed to be dead?" Satyayani sounded sarcastic. "The child in her hand resembles Cheeranjeevi, perfect in all senses. Those oxygen black orbs, round front curls like Anandhani, and supple fingers." 

Kanishka was in pain, he tried to pull his neck and glanced at the sudden attacker behind his mysteries, his eye was gone but not the obsession towards supremacy. He was flabbergasted, the person to harm him was none other than his chief consort. "Lakshmi, you too?" he groaned in discomfort.

Lakshmi, the consort of Kanishka smiled. The tip of her lips touched ear to ear. "Yeah, Swami. What do you think? This princess of Sindh will never change her loyalty, I am the elder cousin of Anandhani by blood, and then, your wife based on a namesake relationship." 

There was a moment of silence, the royals of Sindh took time to get into the emotion. Lakshmi died six years ago, a few days further to Abhilasha's birth. But today, she is all in blood and flesh.

The prevailing silence grew fainter with the sobs of Sridhar, his little heart shattered looking at the face of Kanishka filled with streaks of blood, but most importantly, he was crying for his mother. He tried to forward his hands, being away from Lakshmi, and then jumping to Anandhani's embrace. Till date, he had just seen the portraits of Anandhani or heard her tales. 

Anandhani's heart too bulged in pain, the moment wasn't ripe to know anything else. She just wished, for one thing- her son in her arms. "Lakshmi Bhagini, I don't wanna know anything. I don't have interest, I can sense that he is my son. Sridhar, my son. I want him in my hands." 

"Yes take him," Lakshmi handed the child to Anandhani.

The juncture of a small second was adorable. Sridhar looked at his mom, he smiled and he was engulfed in the best embrace.

—————— 

"As you all know, Lakshmi or I should say myself, died six-year ago. I have seen all's faces. The horror was quite evident but let me take you to the story of the past where Lakshmi never died." Lakshmi narrated the proceedings of the past, though she was late and the time had traveled fast she still had her last opportunity to conquer.