15| Secrets Unleased - II

Happiness never dies~

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Backdrop:

Priyamvada- Best friend of Anandhani and wife of Parth.
Cheeranjeevi- Late king of Kapilvastu.
Anandhani- Wife of Cheeranjeevi and the queen.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

With Priyamvada by her side now the shadow of the king, Anandhani stretched herself on the couch. Her eyes welled up with numerous tears which were to be set free. Priyamvada waved her hand over the back providing her with the comfort she needed to which she nodded a no. Her hands travelled forward parallel in a gesture of an open hug. 

Reciprocating the will of her friend she hugged her in a heartwarming embrace. Anandhani snivelled in the protective embrace of this special person, she had finally let the dam overflowing with her tears free. She had turned Priyamvada's blouse wet. Those cries echoed in the chamber, each tear droplet was embedded with different emotions, some of the pain, agony, and dearth and a few belonged to her loneliness, precisely the heart-wrenching separation from her deceased better half. 

Priyamvada brushed her lips in her friend's hair, she wasn't aged but she was the only support system of Anandhani at present, they hadn't talked well after the demise of the damsel of Vallabhi's heart. But each night it was her sister like a best friend who had covered the blanket well over her, when once she was caught doing that she asserted that it was her selfishness for her unborn nephew, but both of them were aware of the truth. She was the one who had always gotten up early in the morning to provide Anandhani with the best materials for her Narayan Arādhnā{1} in this kingdom of Shaivites{2}. Her eyes welled up with a screen of transparent smoke of salty vapours whenever she heard her friend sobbing with silent shrills. She was the harbinger of silence, THE SILENT SPECTATOR MELANCHOLY TEARS.

Ananshani's breathing hitched, she required moisture in her throat. Since the two were lonely in the chamber none of them could ask for water but as Priyamvda thought of shifting her position in search of water Anandhani had clinged her face next to her companion's bosom and shook it vertically asking her not to leave her alone. "But you need water" A concerned Priyamvada posed a question for which a negative nod was received with the flick of her eyes.

Parting her face away from Priyamvada's embrace Anandhani tried her best to rub her dried-up tears, but everything went in vain. As one drop was rubbed another dozen started to drip off, "Why do you wish to rub them? It's okay if you cry." Though priyamvada tried her best to take out Anandhani from her dilemma she was bound to be fixed in the same position due to a promise that she had made earlier, "I had promised him not to shed tears, I must rub them." Anandhani's deep torn cries were now suppressed into sobs limited to her throat and sounding like vibrations to Priyamvada, "But I don't think these tears are due to him?" Priyamvada questioned, with her brow lifted. 

"Tears of agony, pain and insecurity, Priyam. I know I wasn't betrayed by maa and Vidushi but…" Her voice had now again turned into sobs, "But these are my insecurities, I won't be able to manage the state affairs and other than that what about me? Don't I deserve happiness? I have already lost the smile on my face but now with responsibilities on my shoulder I won't be able to manage anything." 

Through little and incomplete statements of Anandhani, Priyamvada was able to decode the hidden meaning.

'I miss my smile priyam! And how can I get it back when he has gone?' That's what Anandhani wished to say but her jumbled-up words could drive anyone crazy.