45| A Tale of Love

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━
Characters
Cheeranjeevi: Late king of Kapilvastu.
Avidhen: Brother of Cheeranjeevi.
Devakesh: Father of Anandhani.
Priyamvada: Best friend of Anandhani.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

With the wind floating the uttariya of Kapilvastu's prince in the pellucid atmosphere of the truce, his feet brushed the fragments on the floor of the forest. Tall canopies surrounded him, making it difficult for the young lad to let his sense organs work efficiently. All he could sense was the rustling of leaves through his ears.

His journey to the dense forest was for a special cause, to be united with the person he loved he must be adequate to penetrate the security of a vast kingdom.

"Cheeranjeevi, everything seems perfect. Now listen to the plan carefully, I can't risk your visibility in front of the royals of Sindh. I am going to replace our highness in the palace and you stay here only." Avidhen was concerned for the security of his little brother, he had known that if the princess was to vanish then the first lean to go on trial would be her lover, his baby brother.

Cheeranjeevi frowned, nodding his head vertically in a no, "Agraja, not you alone. I will come with you. That maiden is a sapling of destruction, she would be shouting at the top of her lungs to see you next to her face."He had known Anandhani since they were kids; an intruder trespassing in her chamber was equivalent to entering a lion's den.

"Uff," Avidhen sighed, "Do you believe I am a fool? Believe me it will be easy, if you want proof then," he coughed.

"Yeah, I want—" 

"Rajkumar, you don't trust me?" 

The voice was quite familiar, it was that of a female who Cheeranjeevi had known for a long time, but she was around the moment. His eyes traveled to the propagation of the voice only to be stopped at the sight of his brother, Avidhen had a finger pressed on his throat.

"Oh my, Vishnu!" Cheeranjeevi gasped in delusion, he had forgotten the secret talent of Avidhen to change the intonation of his voice. His eyes bulged in love, hugging his elder brother close to his torso he exclaimed the honey-coated citation, "I pray to Vishnu that each younger brother must get an elder old aged brother like you." 

Avidhen squinted his eyes, he didn't like to be called old, "I ain't helping you."

The push of Avidhen on Cheerajeevi's body to throw him away was neutralized with the effort of the crown prince to cling to his brother.

"Brother, it's just you and maa who are helping me. " 

"Ah— fine, but dare you to call me old once more. I have left my sleeping pugs in the care of Priyamvada, but even you know how careless she is. She'll forget my little ones for the sake of any of her patients." 

"I know right," Cheeranjeevi gulped the saliva in his throat. He was scared of what he had done in the past. 

The perplexed emotions on Cheeranjeevi's face didn't go unnoticed by Avidhen, "Hey what happened?"