29| From Dusk To Dawn

{Seven months later}

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters

Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Priyamvada: Best friend of Anandhani and wife of Parth.
Abhilasha: Princess of Kapilvastu and daughter of Anandhani.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Anandhani's body, embellished with a drape of colorless pigment stretched back on the floor of cement that protruded from the large bath made for royals to cleanse their skin. The texture of her fair complexion was rubbed beneath the slippery coat of a swampy liquid, providing relief to each bone of her body.

She couldn't imagine anything better than this at the moment, it had been a daily routine for the young lady to arch her spine straight and let her friend apply the special type of liquid to her tone.

"Priyam, it's enough for today." Anandhani jerked her hand horizontally, providing her consent to discontinue the trial of liquid on her skin but to avail her dismay, the plea came down with a high-pitched strain and widened eyes of the objection, "Abhyanga is an important therapy, and must be continued for straight thirty minutes."

Abhyanga is the ancient custom of applying oil to the body of a pregnant lady so that it would assist her during her labor. Though people consider it harmful if accomplished as a self-massage, it does bring into the world a healthy offspring lessening the pains of the expecting mother.

"You and your midwifery science, anyway continue." Muttering her words of agony, Anandhani left a deep sigh assembling the way for Priyamvada's continuity.

The connoisseur of the unborn shifted her pupils from the dramatic gaze of her friend and glimpsed at the vessel which held the Dhanwantra Thailem, the container wasn't devoid of the liquid yet. She had thought to leave Anandhani under the influence of her sudden disinclination to resume the massage. But the non-emptiness of the container did not let her proceed with the willingness of her mind.

"Hey, you can speak ill about me but not my dearest midwifery science! It's just a matter of a few more minutes, I would have left you earlier big the vessel isn't empty till now. Priyamavada giggled with the passage of words down her vocal cord.

Anandhani's instincts got the flawless plan to omit the greasing of the oil on her skin. Her expression altered and the curve over her lips went downwards, "You aren't letting me be unrestrained just because this so-called oil isn't over yet!"

"This is no normal oil, my dear. It's an auspicious symbol for any practitioner of Dhanwantari's knowledge, the lord of health." Upholding the glory of the special oil was a necessity for Priyamvada, she couldn't let it be down even in words of humor. "Most notably I am scared for your unborn, Nandini."

"My unborn?"

Even being conscious of the reason for anxiety on Priyamvada's side, the queen tried to act skeptical.

"Even you know that the initial stage of an unborn determines its physical life. An anticipatory mother shouldn't worry much, glance at unpleasant scenes or either attend to bad anecdotes and in contradiction, your unborn has faced each such a thing. The scene of his father's death, the story of an evil man, and especially your mind which always thought about a way to think of ways to kill the culprit."

"Priyam, what is a lady supposed to wear during the span of carrying her little offspring? It's white so that the child can grow under his tranquillity formed with a can't of white, maybe bordered with different hues if willed and what am I wearing as my husband's widow?" Anandhani pushed her eyebrows up, forming a questioning look in front of her genuine friend.