10| The ray of hope

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters
Priyamvada- Best friend of Anandhani and wife of Parth.
Anandhani- Queen of Kapilvastu.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
T

he city of oysters bustling high on the wintry shades of the ocean of azure glimmered with the rise of the celestial lord. Anandhani sat enduring the inevitable cold winds of the Kapilvastu, her feet crossed and palms assembled praying in front of the idol of Shiva. The elegant breeze brought forward her curls, whipping her body with the gush of wind.

Her eyes climbed high on the splendid statue of Shiva{1}, the crescent moon adorning his hair, a trident in his hands. His serene face held the virtue of calmness with eyelids closed, in closing the dark secrets of the time.

The melancholy darkness that covered the face of Anandhani disclosed her grimace without a tint of discontent. "What time does it hold for me?" Moving her hands through the curls around her face she led the entrance of her words wide open. Questions that had spread across her mind raced against one another to be questioned first.

"Oh Lord,If this is my rise, I shoul at least have someone by my side." the words of Anandhani rescripted the emotions running wild in her mind.

"Even Parth had his charioteer, Krishna-'' The words depicting the glory of the great charioteer of Arjun from Mahabharata, Krishna were heard from behind. " If Krishna might not have been there I am sure even Arjun might have not wielded his bow." Anandhani turned her head, her eyes mirrored Priyamvada, her friend standing close to the entrance. A plate with different oils in one hand and a blanket in another, there she stood in front of Anandhani

A smile crept on Anandhani's face, the line of grimace evaporated with the sweat that covered her face ."When did you come? I was waiting for you." While keeping her hands behind to take support to get up, her words spun questions against Priyamvada.

"Wait--" Anandhani's words didn't wish to cut off her friend's ramblings but the sheer arrows of her voice had to pierce the other's word to let them conquer. "You won't utter a word until and unless I ask you to do so." Anandhani interrupted.

Her words were responded with a grin and a tiny movement of the neck by Priyamvada.

Embracing Priyamvada close to her heart Anandhani smiled, hefty remorse snickered under the grin, "Anandhani I can read the remorse hidden behind this smile, so don't try to hide anything." Priyamvada heaved her head up.

"Destiny has bound me to not let the companion of my kohl flee away dear," Anandhani's face, covered with the mask of happiness, was transparent to priyamvada's onyx black orbs.

'Topic must be changed' Priyamvada's soul instructed herself. "Were you teaching about the Panchamveda{2} to Maharaj Kumar?" She patted her friend's shoulder with amusement.

Anandhani's expression divulged the vast secrets hidden inside her brain. She had no other option rather than speaking the truth in front of her, clasping her fingers with that of Anandhani her lips articulated the tale, the tale of the downfall of the kingdom due to personal grudges amongst the family members. 

"You must go and check the armoury-" Analysing the facts of the story, Priyamvada finally took the best decision for her friend.

"Shvashruh has strictly instructed me to stay away from danger." Anandhani's grip over her friend's fingers loosened.

"You are seriously a kid Anandhani" Smacking Anandhani's head with her hand Priyamvada scoffed.

"Ouch!" Anandhani rubbed her head with those slender challenges covered beneath blood and flesh "Then?" She inquisitively dragged her question front through her rims, which were lying back in her mind a moment back.