47| Krishna Kala

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜Characters:

Characters:

Anandhàni: Daughter of Devakesh.
Devkesh: Father of Anandhani and emperor of Dwarvati
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Secret 09: Devakesh

"Anandhani, I think you were always my favorite." Devakesh pressed a light kiss next to his daughter's forehead.

His daughter was awake, just midway to a good slumber, and the next morning, the sensation of his lips on her forehead had awakened her. Though her skin was old, not the spine, she knew it was her father. Fluttering her eyes, she could see him standing next. This time his attire was different, not normal earrings but ones embedded with pearls. 

Anandhani could feel a different warmth on his face, he was standing perpendicular to her bed. Crawling close to the headrest she rested her arm on the pillow, for a second her eyes believed the scene being blur to her eyes– it was the reality. 

Devakesh's yellow turban quivered in the atmosphere, a different object fluttering with might over his head. Anadhani needed to twitch her eyes, "Pita?" she confirmed, the man was like her father in the face but not the garment. For her, he resembled the person she used to glance at in her copper coins.

"Yes, Anandhani. Your pita. One hundred twenty-five years, eight months and seven days old young man." Devakesh coughed, he knew that he was roasting himself, considering himself young. 

Anandhani's orbs dilated at the vision of the peacock feather greeting the winds, clutched on the mustard turban of her father. She didn't worry about why Devakesh termed his age to be so old, she had already known from Iravathi that the man whom she calls her father was a man from the past. 

"What's this?" Anandhani pointed her finger at his turban, she was surprised at the view. Maybe her father was trying to act like their deity, "Pita, you acting like Shri Krishna?" she rolled her eyes. 

"Don't I look like him," A knowing smile scattered on Devakesh's face, he had already guessed the sullen reply from Anandhani.

"You do look like him, yellow uttariya the perfect turban, and a fresh peacock feather. " Anandhani tried to get off her bed, pulling the blanket aside when she was out. "I have to ask something, may I?" 

"I am a man from the past, not a big deal. Don't think much."  

Devakesh's voice was calm, nonchalant in perfect terms. It wasn't a huge thing for him to be from the past but to Anandhani it was a reign of horror. He had spoken the same words, the same as to what she was thinking.

"You said that you are more than a hundred and twenty-five years old, but I think you shouldn't be more than ninety." 

Anandhani had started to attain her roots of being a question bank, she had transcended to the point where her doubts were to be proved correct. Devakesh from the past? He, Iravathi's guru? His age is more than a century and a quarter. Everything came crashing to her, she could connect the threads.