03) Adornment

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*

Chapter 03) Adornment

*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

It's not the end, it's just the first clue.

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

Characters
Priyamvada- Best friend of Anandhani and wife of Parth; The prime minister.
Anandhani- Queen of Kapilvastu.
Satyayini- The Queen mother.

The sweet breeze elegantly swayed away from the dust particles

The sweet breeze elegantly swayed away from the dust particles. An anxious smell of panic stole its place in the minds of the inhabitants of Kapilvastu.

The citizens who had been waiting for their king to come and open the door of the shrine now lost their patience, having no tolerance left in their mind one of the citizens spoke up, "Maharaj won't come".

As the words touched the ear tips of Priyamvada she wished to give a response to the man. " Sajjan{1} don't be impatient, if not now then Maharaja will come in the period of another hour".

"Dèvī we have been waiting for a long time, it's beenmore than a prahar now I think we should proceed back to our houses" the man spoke as a response to the maiden's words.

Before Priyamvada could answer an old man shielded her by his words, "Putra, Till now maharaja has never been late keeping this in our mind I think we should wait a little as said by Priyamvada."

The crowd buzzed in response to the old man's words, the utmost silence filled in the aura was disturbed with neigh sounds of the horses. Changing the path of their stare as the citizens looked in the direction that produced sound by the farrier of the hoves of the horses, they saw the soldiers moving towards them.

Unaware of the truth, the citizens thought that the soldiers were here to announce the delay in their king's arrival.

Descending from their horses the soldiers moved towards the citizens, their bodies trembling in dismay, their hearts plunged, thinking about the reactions of the citizens over the griefing news.
"Soldiers..you here?" Uttered the old man in confusion

The troop of soldiers forwarded their sights toward each other, the chieftain thought to break the silence and spoke, "We are here with a tragic and painful message for our nation"

"What's the news bhadrajan" the crowd demanded their answer.

Grabbing the scroll fixed on his kayabandh{2} below the armour the chieftain first looked towards the citizens and then unraveled the parchment beholding the news that would surprise all of them.