05) Dearth

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Backdrop:
An Unknown man
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Jayasen- Son of Avidhen.
Avidhen- Elder brother of Cheeranjeevi.
Aswath- Eldest brother of Anandhini.
Anusuya: Elder sister of Cheeranjeevi.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

The chamber was engulfed in the blanket of rage and the particles of reprisal rose in happiness as the news of Cheeranjeevi's death penetrated the chamber, the man with a thick moustache on his face forwarded his hands towards his rims with a glass of madiraa{1} escorted amidst his fist. As the tip of glass touched his lower lips and the dark liquid passed through hi throat, his dusky violet lips curved into a frenzied smile. He sucked the aroma ripening out from a dagger kept on the table, rising high from the red velvet chair embedded with the ivory made out from the tusks of the elephant his athletic limbs picked up the dagger kept on the table.

"The fragrance of blood gives pleasure to both my mind and heart." He spoke while rubbing his hands on the blade of the amber embedded dagger coated with a shiny red liquid, the blood which belonged to Cheeranjeevi.

Rubbing the blood amidst his fingers the man in the dark tone giggled sarcastically, "I will remove every person who will come between me and the golden throne of Kapilvastu."

"I and my ancestors were deprived of the throne just because the mother who brought us in this abode wasn't a Kshatriya princess?" He questioned himself while looking at the portrait of his father, his fingers intervened between the locks of the velvet cloth, as he sat down in exhaustion, "May your soul rest in peace Maharaj." finally taking a sip of from the swarnim kaasash{2}, the vision of the man fell on his fingers while closely imaging those slender fingers the man realised that his ring has crumpled.

"My ring!" He exclaimed while his body collapsed on the bed due to taking a huge amount of alcohol. The saline water found its route in the dry orbs of the man as a lane of recollections broke down in his mind.

"We are the sole heirs of the throne Putra, Maharaja Somadeva's first wife was a vaishya lady whereas the second one was a Kshatriya. He instructed to crown his son from the Kshatriya wife be the next king while I was made the chief in a common military array"

"Keep this ring with yourself, this ring isn't a normal ornament but is the key for a secret dungeon, this ring must be inherited only by our successors"

"Pitashree{3}" the man with the dark tone tried to speak, "I lost the ring today, but I was successful in taking away the throne for myself."

A couple of days passed in the flow of time, the walls of the empire were yet shrunken into the ocean of grief, The courtroom remained empty since the wielder of the royal sword, the one who possessed the mighty aura of the king left the realm of ...

A couple of days passed in the flow of time, the walls of the empire were yet shrunken into the ocean of grief, The courtroom remained empty since the wielder of the royal sword, the one who possessed the mighty aura of the king left the realm of the creatures.