25| The Initiation Of New Beginnings

❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜
Characters:
Anandhani: Queen of Kapilvastu.
Satyayani: Queen mother of Kapilvastu.
Priyamvada: best friend of Anandhani.
Abhilasha: Princess of Kapilvastu and daughter of Anandhani.
❛ ━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫・━━━━━━ ❜

The entry gate to Kapilvastu was easily detectable under the golden fusion of the sun over the horizon, the dusk hadn't occurred yet but the redness of the heated orb was quite evident. The stillness was all which could be felt deep within the heart of the traveler whose chariot had been crushing the sandy boulders beneath the circular motion of the wheels. The city's layout was quite simple, there was no discrimination between the people based on their varna, and all the four variations of the castes had the liberty to be amalgamated in a society of virgin-hearted citizens who didn't know how to hate, and even if they knew they must not verbally or physically present their ideas forward.

Anandhani liked to roam in the city under the blanket of stars with the king but today's night wandering was for her security. It would have been easy to attack or conceal in a huge crowd but attacking a chariot with three royals shielded by a battalion of a hundred didn't sound sane. 

The cool breeze carried her curls back and forth making her giggle at the uncertain mood of the wind changing its direction. She moved a little behind with the sensation of a palm pressing over her shoulder.

"Anandhani, cover this shawl you will catch a cold." Satyayani forwarded her limbs with a shawl in the girth of her fist. Her silent gesture had come down under the negative response of Anandhani, she wished to enjoy the cool breeze, "Maa, please." 

Her face carried the mortal personification of innocence that could melt any elder's hard feelings but Satyayani was still in her ground.

"Satyaa, don't irritate or berate my daughter just because she doesn't wish to cover a shawl around her physique." Devakesh countered the glare from his little sister with a sudden play of words. 

Satyayani was amused at the sudden call from her brother with the special coating of love, affection, and adornment nonetheless his musing came down without hitting the correct spot.

"Bharata you have spoiled her." 

The queen-mother was quite efficient in dodging away from the darts of innocence, her vocal cords were ready to produce another long narration about the importance of health but her impulses spoke a different language. An impulsive motion of the plates of wood passed down the three's feet making them alert of something undesirable. Anandhani felt her feet trembling with the soles of her footwear jerking in different directions. The decorum of the calm moment was unsettled by a loud shout from a soldier riding his horse parallel to the chariot.

"Ask the charioteer to halt the chariot; the wheel isn't working well." 

It seemed surreal, with the call of the soldier reaching the eardrums of the charioteer his hands pulled back the reins of the horses to give rest to their hooves. Devakesh looked for an opportunity and pressed himself behind, he stared at the wheel of the cart but nothing appeared skeptical to his eyes; the main reason for the movement of wooden plates was the breaking down of the wooden log, this compelled the centripetal force to radiate energy. 

"Drifting the wheels might cause a sudden breakdown of the wheels, make sure that you halt the horses' talons after traveling a little further." 

Anandhani's sudden command surprised the pair of elders standing next to her but was efficient in escorting them to the ground without a fall. Madhavi had taught her dhanurveda, which included the working of a chariot as it determined the stability of the warrior.