Chapter 1 - Extravagance

CHAPTER 1

EXTRAVAGANCE

Tiffany's POV

Life after graduation was like heaven for me and my friends.

When we were in college, our access to our family's wealth is limited. Sure we can buy all the clothes and shoes that we want to but if it's more than that, the basic rule is to ask approval from our parents first. I find that quite bothersome if I'm being honest, because mine are always unreachable.

My bestfriend Caylee agrees with me on this. She always complains about how strict his father is when it comes to her expenses but now that she's the CEO of her own skincare and make-up company 'Caylee Beauty', she can spend millions in a day without anyone telling her to stop.

It's the complete freedom that gives us the ecstasy, the fire that sparked on each one of us. We are not the same group of kids who likes to fool around all the time. We changed when we became adults. We are more responsible since we are handling our own money.

After we got our trust funds and shares, all of us have become so busy with our lives. Some Elites like Evan, Theo, Naomi and Ava are working at their family's companies, getting ready for the next step.

There are also like Zin and Rios who immediately inherited their family's businesses and are now the CEOs. I like to tease them especially Rios who lost all his goofiness and is now the most serious person anyone can meet. Though, it's understandable why.

And to people like Kiel and Iris, they'd rather make name of their own than depend on someone else.

Kiel is on his world tour. His band is the most famous out there nowadays. It was bound to happen. He had a few gigs before and he really has a great voice.

And Iris? Well she is staying in Europe. It's been a while since we last saw her. For the first time in a long time, she finally called us. We all cried during the video call but we were happy to hear that she's doing great after everything that happened and is now focused on building her own company 'Leona Build'. Though she's not sure when she'll announce it to the world.

The only person who's not doing anything useful is me.

But I'm young and I've got time. I don't need to rush myself into learning everything I could when I know my Mom would hand me over her shoe company someday. My Dad also advised me to just enjoy my twenties and live a life to the fullest, which is what I am doing.

I shop, travel, and party. That's mostly what I do every single day. And it's fun.

"Sh*t!" I shouted in shock when a little kid bumped into me, causing the coffee that I'm holding get spilt on my white blouse. Mabuti na lang ay hindi na iyon gaanong kainit kundi mapapaso pa ako ng 'di oras.

"Miss, sorry!" The boy's mother said, grabbing her kid who is now having a tantrum. Humiga ito sa sahig at ngumawa ng ngumawa. Natakot siguro sa pagsigaw ko.

I sighed. "It's fine." Wala na rin naman akong magagawa kahit magsungit o magalit ako. Kasalanan ko rin naman dahil hindi ako nagingat. I was busy window shopping which is why I didn't see the kid running towards me.

Naglakad na ako palayo habang pinupunasan ang damit ko ng panyo. My shirt is so wet and the coffee feels sticky on my skin. Hindi naman ako makaalis dito sa mall dahil nakabili na ako ng cinema ticket. I don't want to miss that one later. Today is the last film showing of the movie and I heard it was so good. Nainis nga ako nang kaunti dahil mali ang nakalagay na schedule sa website nila. Kailangan ko tuloy baguhin ang mga plano ko today since six 'o clock pa pala ang palabas, four pa lang ngayon. I still have a lot of time to kill and wearing this blouse will completely ruin my mood. Kailangan kong magpalit ng suot.