Chapter 54 (Ending)

LISA

"Wait a moment. You two are dating and we're just finding out now?" My best friends yell at me in my own office.

Eunwoo runs around the room confused and Mina fans herself to keep from collapsing.

Jennie and I discussed everything. She told me why she left. She made clear to me what was bothering her. I can finally understand my Jennie better now. I am sorry, too.

"Yes, but not that long." To be precise, only a month.

It's weird to date your boss, but she doesn't see me as her employee anymore, she probably never really does, according to her. The project is running to the fullest and successes can be seen in a few places.

"You still owe us a great redemption. Otherwise it won't go on with us." Explains Eunwoo to me, who is now right in front of my nose and shakes me on the spot.

"Okay, okay." I laugh and am about to throw my friends out of the office when the door opens and Jennie walks in.

In her dark blue suit she looks even more divine than usual. How glad I am that she is mine now. At least I assume so.

"Can we talk, Lalisa?" I nod and follow her to the terrace where she asks me to sit down on the sofa.

"Is everything alright?" I ask, but I still notice how tense she is. She carefully takes my hands in hers and strokes the backs of my hands with her thumb.

"You make me nervous, Jennie. What's happening?" I urge you to speak to me as my heart is racing again. Soon I would have a heart attack because of this woman.

"Tonight is our company party. There I will hand over the enterprise to you." I immediately start coughing and look at her in disbelief.

"You knew you were going to get these. It was only a matter of time and with the way you are leading your new project and it is going well, I see it as right to give you whatever makes you happy. Because you just deserve it, more than anyone else." I'm happy, but I don't like her sad undertone at all.

"There's something else, Jennie. Speak." I see how hard her larynx is moving. She runs her fingers through her hair and looks at me intently.

"I will leave the country. I got an offer to manage Ferrari in Italy. This is a great opportunity for me, which I immediately accepted." As soon as it's said, my chest tightens.

It hurts, but I smile because I'm happy for her.

"That's it for us then, isn't it?" I say what I don't want to admit. While it's a short time that I've been with her again, it just feels like we were never apart. That certainly sounds cheesy and is absolutely not to my usual taste. But this woman fills the last gap that I need to live a successful life. I'm not only successful in my job, but also in the relationship I have with her.

"I wouldn't call it that, Lisa." How else?

"Jennie, are we honest with each other? It was all way too perfect..." She shakes her head.

"Yes, but it's not over, Lalisa. I hereby make you a promise." I fixate expectantly on her emerald green eyes.

"If we ever cross paths again, and I'm pretty sure we will, come what may, we'll try again together." I don't even notice the tears running down my cheeks until she runs her hand down my cheek.

"Don't cry. It's not a goodbye, Lalisa. Remember my promise."

-

In the evening, the aforementioned company party, to which I wear my elegant black dress, which has a daring neckline, brings out the elegance of a woman at the same time. My hair is straightened and a red lipstick sets an emphasis.

I'm standing with my friends in the company's large event room and we're treating ourselves a glass of expensive sparkling wine.

"How are you?" I shrug, not knowing how I feel. On the one hand I'm fine because I'll be in charge of the company, but at the same time something is already missing. And this is Jennie.

It's absurd to have that feeling with someone who was your teacher. But I can swear it doesn't feel like that at all. On the contrary.

"Dear colleagues, I would like to ask for your attention." Jennie taps the glass in her hand with a spoon. She stands there divinely in a dark gray suit that more than flatters her statue. Immediately everyone falls silent and listens to her words.

"This company party has two occasions. On the one hand we celebrate my farewell, which is not meant to be a farewell. I will now lead Ferrari in Italy and associated sites, which is emerging as a huge opportunity for me." Sad sounds escape from the crowd. Although she is a tough boss, most people like her.

"Don't be sad. I'm not one of the world. But as you can see, I've left my position with you and of course I've already taken care of a replacement. The woman who will call the shots as CEO at this company is the gorgeous Lalisa Manoban, who deserves the position more than anyone else. You all know that as well as I do." She looks at me and stretches out her arm for me to come to her.

Standing on the posthumous with her, having her hand on my waist felt so distant.

"Celebrate this news with us and treat Lalisa just as well as she has always treated you well. Take care of her because she deserves it." Her words burn and again tears gather in my eyes.

As everyone cheers, we raise our glasses and sip before rejoining the crowd.

"Come with me." She takes my hand and pulls me with her.

After going through a few hallways and finally arriving at her office, I know what would be next.

"When do you fly?" I want to know before she touches me.

"In exactly three hours."

Piercing, just wow. Pierce my heart, Jennie Kim. In three hours and you're just telling me now?

"Jennie..." I look at her as she cups my face in her hands.

"Lalisa, remember my promise. Please never forget it. But before I go, I want to feel you."

With that she connects our lips and I know that evening that the pain will accompany me for some time...

"I love you, little one." I love you much more, Ms. Kim.

END