Chapter 50

LISA

"I am so excited." This happy Eunwoo next to me... "Maybe there are some hot people besides our mommy!" We laugh at first, but as soon as he says 'mommy', we shut up, hoping Jennie didn't hear.

"We are here!"

Everyone is already storming out of the vehicle, only I take my time getting out. The warm air and fresh breeze blow in my hair and I close my eyes for the moment.

"Ms. Manoban, are you coming?" Someone speaks behind me and that someone is none other than my famous ex teacher, Ms. Kim.

"Yes." I answer curtly and start walking, closely followed by her.

"Small announcement. Each of you will have your own room around the site. I would like to point out that we will be gathering right on the beach as the first activity will be led by our lovely Victoria. Be on time!" Whoever this woman is from, she looks at Jennie like she's going to jump on her at any moment. Disgusting.

I quickly unpack my things and look for suitable clothing for the first 'activity', as she likes to call it. The smartest thing would be to wear a bikini and something loose over it. So I dig out my black bikini, which always shows off my figure, and put on some loose shorts with a t-shirt.

Half the way I go to the beach, where a few are already waiting. Among others Jennie, Victoria and my friends.

"Hey." I greet them friendly and put on a fake smile.

"Ms. Manoban." My boss replies and looks me up and down. Her green eyes almost scan me and I automatically cross my arms in front of me.

"We are complete. Before we start I would prefer if we talk without formalities this weekend to encourage team spirit." Everyone seems to be happy about it and are already lining up in pairs, as this Victoria then said.

"Lalisa, you don't seem to have anyone. Maybe you'll set yourself with Jennie." Immediately we look at each other and I feel the intensity of our eyes. It's frightening that it's showing up in my body. My middle is tingling and again my abdomen pulls together slightly, like in the elevator.

I stand next to her and see her gaze in the corner of my eye. Shit, it's intense and haunting.

"We're going to have a lot of fun." She whispers to me and her hand rests on my shoulder again, only this time it touches my bare skin under the t-shirt, which instantly gives me goosebumps. I swallow hard and try not to let this insecurity show.

"Okay, if we have the partners, then let's start with today's exercise. Yoga."

My jaw drops. Yoga is my nightmare. How I hate it. It doesn't relax me, on the contrary, it's hell.

"The purpose of this exercise is also relaxation, but also trust in your partner, with some figures. You should feel the hold and the security." I roll my eyes. Trust. That would be funny if I personally have a partner the single-handedly of all time.

"Then, you stand apart and build a connection first."

I half turn to Jennie, this damn woman, and look at her. It's unusual to see her in such relaxed attire and I don't know if I should like it or not.

Our eyes meet and I unconsciously start playing with my fingers.

"Do I still make you nervous, little one?" She comments and gives me an amused smile. I shake my head as fast as I can and narrow my eyes slightly.

"And now I ask one of the partners to lie on their back. When this is done, I want you to hold your other partner with your arms and knees above you." Marvelous. I immediately see how I would fall down.

That's absolutely not my thing. Especially with Jennie, with my ex teacher who left me after doing all the shitty things with me. I used to have faith in her.

"This will go wrong. How about we leave it?" I protest so quietly that nobody hears.

"How about you relax a little and just give it a try? I don't bite unless you want me to." I widen my eyes, collect myself and reach for her hand, which is already within reach. Still the same feeling.

We interlace our fingers and she doesn't take her eyes off me for a second. My heartbeat quickens now as I try to place myself on her shins. It works for a short time and I'm happy like a little child. I must be smiling really stupidly, but when she smiles too, my heart warms up.

"Look, you just have to..."

And I start to falter. I'm still trying to hold myself back, but it's too late. I fall flat on top of my boss and quickly brace myself with my hands next to her face, since my face is already way too close to hers. I missed those lips, only if I could get a taste again, I would but- Shut it, Lisa. The play is over.

Her breathing is just as heavy as mine and I notice her dilated pupils, which makes her eyes appear dark. We falter for a moment as she also rests her arms tightly around my waist.

Damn it. It's absurd. What's going on here?

Inside, I hate this woman even more for showing up here again, taking my place and now acting like a perfect boss, so that we can become a super great team.

"Little bitch." With that I push myself off, get up and go to my room, where I vent my anger. I throw all my clothes off the bed and let out a deep scream into the pillow, so those outside don't hear.

"I hate you so much, Jennie Kim!"