Chapter 49

LISA

"I need last week's statement in an hour, Mina. Thanks." I ask her on the phone while I drive to the hotel to check everything there.

"Good morning, Ms Manoban. How are you doing?" Sierra, the receptionist at the front desk, greets me.

"Good and you, dear?" We've known each other for a long time. She is a young student who works here in her free time to be able to afford her apartment. She reminded me of myself from a few years ago.

"Doing great, thank you! The hotel is fully booked this week. I would say it's going like clockwork." She explains to me, beaming with joy.

"If that's the case, then I don't have to complain?" I spin around and my boss in a dark turtleneck walks in, pulling off her sunglasses. It looks like it's in slow motion. Surely it just seems that way again...

"I'm Ms. Kim, the new chef of the company." She greets the young woman, who blushed immediately.

"Hello, I'm Sierra." She is already stretching out her hand, but Jennie keeps her hand in her trouser pockets. Rude and aloof, as always.

"Would you show me this place? I listened to your comment from yesterday and I'll be driving with you today to see all of the locations." Great... I roll my eyes unobtrusively and ask her to follow me.

"Here is the lounge. Next to it is a developed botanical garden and two pools on the floor above. One indoor and one outdoor, which is on the roof and extends to the edge of the facade." I explain while arranging some pillows. I've become quite a perfectionist, did I mention that?

"Top. Are these your projects or still from Mr. Park?"

Does she really care?

"The automobiles belonged to him, at least according to his ideas. The rest was mine. Mainly the bar from yesterday." I explain, avoiding eye contact with her. Since I can't tell if she would be surprised or if she would find me ridiculous. I could trust this woman with anything. She's still the same.

"We would be through here. There's another club." I let her know briefly and go into the elevator. She stands right next to me, I hear her heavy breathing and feel it on the back of my neck. When she steps even closer behind me, I can't even dodge, I might still be the old Lisa. Damn it.

"How about you relax a little, Ms. Manoban?" She whispers as if there weren't other people in the elevator.

She runs her hand down my back and a few times over my bra clasp. The fact that she's doing it at all makes my gut clench.

"How about you stop with this?" I reply so quietly. She doesn't stop and only strokes the side of my thigh, causing my back to ride up a bit.

Suddenly it gets a hundred degrees hotter, which makes me breathe faster. It's just not right what's going on here. This can't happen again. I stare at the elevator gauge until it finally beeps and I rush out.

"See you, Sierra!" I call out to her before I take a deep breath of the fresh air.

"Ms. Manoban, what did I tell you about not listening to the boss?" She confronts me about it outside as we get in the car to go to the club.

"Are there still rules regarding intimate touching of work colleagues?" She just laughs in amusement. Always the same with her. I roll my eyes in annoyance.

Luckily we didn't speak a single word to each other during the trip. The club is relatively empty, which is also due to the time. The person in charge of the club already welcomes us when I'm not there.

"Hello, sexy lady. Who is that other sexy lady next to you?" He's also... well... very direct.

"I'm Jennie Kim, the new leader after Mr. Park."

"Lisa, I thought that you will be the-" I cut him off immediately. The topic is still a painful point that I have to learn to deal with.

"No, it is the way it is now. Would you like to show Ms. Kim everything? I would relax here for a moment." Immediately he nods understandingly and pulls my boss with him.

-

"Ms. Manoban? Wake up!" I immediately raise my head. I fell asleep in the fucking chair at the club and now Jennie will think that I'm lazy. Damn her.

"Sorry about this. I didn't think I was going to fall asleep and-" Her laughter, honest this time, interrupts my flow of words.

"It's all good. Drive home after the meeting. The weekend requires a lot of energy and strength."

Why that?

At the company, Jennie arranges a meeting, where everyone trundles in.

"Great that you guys are here. Unfortunately, I don't know you all that well yet, which is why an idea came to my mind that I had previously implemented with my previous company. It serves to work together and to get to know each other better." She explains while standing in front of us with a grin.

Her teeth are glistening and I can see the little dimples on the sides of her cheeks. So fluffy, it still suits her. Like everything else about her...

"What does your idea mean, Ms. Kim?" An employee interjects.

"Good point. We spend the weekend together as a team from Friday to Sunday evening. Nobody can be absent. So we'll meet in front of the company tomorrow morning and then we'll drive to the coast together."

-

Almost asleep, but still in time, I stand in front of the building at six o'clock in the morning, which I've already had enough of. Mina and Eunwoo also look like they haven't slept.

"Morning." Motivated, Jennie walks over to us and invites us into the minibus, into which we load our things.

"Ms. Manoban, I hope you still have your documents with you." I nod briefly and don't even take off my sunglasses, as there are very dark circles hidden underneath.

"Of course, boss."