Chapter 20

LISA

"That's the dryer. I'll be right back."

I just nod and turn around so I don't have to stare at her fucking hot body again. Just as she closes the door, I hear a vibration. My mobile phone. It's on the coffee table. I quickly cross the few meters and pick up my cell phone. 'Im Nayeon' is shown on my display. I pick it up quickly.

"Hello?"

"Hey sweetie. Heard you went to your first college party yesterday?" I hear Nayeon's amused laugh on the other end of the line.

"Yes..."

"I hope you had a good time. By the way: Rosé makes drama here because you don't answer your cell phone."

"What?!" I quickly check my cell phone and indeed. I have three missed calls and fourteen messages from Chaeyoung, 14 messages from Sana, and a dozen calls from Leo. Damn, Leo...

"What's the matter, Lis?" She asks me. She just knows me too well.

"I...had a fight with Leo yesterday and...slapped him across the face. And his bastard pal."

"What! No way! Stress in Paradise?" Nayeon Unnie laughs and I have to grin stupidly too because it's so out of character for me. "But seriously: What happened really?"

I sigh. "I'd rather tell you personally."

"Shall we meet later in the café?"

"Yes, we'll meet later. At four?"

"Sounds good. Love you, sweetie."

"Love you too, sweetie."

I hang up and turn around. Jennie stands tensely two meters behind me, looking anything but carefree like she did five minutes ago. Her gaze burns, but not with lust, and her jaw twitches from biting her teeth so hard. Her hands, holding my clothes, are balled into fists. She looks so menacing and scary right now that I reflexively take a few steps back until I bump the back of my knees against the leather couch and a picture from my past flashes before my eyes. I feel cold sweat on my chest as I see Dean's aggressive gaze in front of my inner eye. No, you're not going to have a panic attack now! Jennie is not Dean and Dean is past! He's gone forever!

I take a deep breath and open my eyes again. Jennie is still glaring at me, but with a spark of concern.

"Was that Leo on the phone?"

"No." I crane my chin, trying to look more confident than I really feel right now.

"Oh, is Miss Perfect a little tart?" She smirks and my jaw drops in shock.

Now the anger breaks out in me and I also clench my hands into fists.

"What did you just call me?!"

"You have a 'boyfriend,' but you let your teacher tongue fuck you and you also have a secret sweetheart. Who else do you have, huh?"

I give up and want to slap her, but she grabs my wrist after carelessly tossing my clothes on the floor and fixes them both behind my back with just one of her big hands.

"Let go of me, you asshole!" I yell, trying to break free of her grip, but she's too strong.

"Who are you cheating on me with, Lisa?"

Me? Cheating on her? If so, I'm cheating on Leo. A sharp pain spreads in my chest and again I tell her to let go of me, but she doesn't care.

"Nayeon called me. She's my best friend, okay?" I yell in her face. "And I'm not cheating on you here, I'm cheating on my boyfriend!"