Chapter 4

LISA

My skin is tingling and damn I can't shake the thought away. I feel guilty, bad and wrong. I haven't done anything yet, have I? Rosé keeps telling me about how she fantasized about other people, even when she was still with xxx that time. What's up with that? But... damn, I was thinking about my teacher while I was loving my boyfriend.

I keep jogging and try to get my thoughts out of my head. While it was damn wrong to think of something like that in an inopportune situation, I can't deny how maddened that fantasy was driving me. It has now been four days since the incident and I still can't think of anything but Ms. Kim's hand on my cheek, on the back of my neck. I don't even know her first name. And most importantly, she is my teacher. So away with your fantasies, Lis!

I've been jogging around in the woods for almost an hour now. I like being here because the trees give me shade in this heat. I sit on a rock by the river to take a short break and breathe, and unplug my headphones to hear the sounds of nature. There has always been something soothing about being here and listening to the murmur of the river and the birds chirping.

After some thought, I come to the conclusion that there is no point in skipping Ms. Kim's classes, as I "accidentally" only missed her classes yesterday and today. However, I don't want to get an unnecessary note on my report card, which could result in me being suspended for three days.

It wouldn't do me any good not to show up for detention the day after tomorrow and on Saturday. Well, nothing really positive.

I splash a rock in the water and blow a strand of hair out of my face before jogging back, defeated. I really need to stop thinking about Ms. Kim. I don't really care if other people at my school adore her. All I know is that I have Leo and Ms. Kim just looks attractive. Not anything more. Leo is also very handsome. He's the opposite of her, but that's a good thing, right?

Damn it! Why am I comparing the two?

I think I'm going crazy.

-

Rosé lies across my bed and puts on her makeup while I look for my dungarees for her. She has an appointment at the ranch of her current flirtation in an hour and would like to be smartly dressed. To me this is complete nonsense. You dress normally to a ranch. Convenient and practical. A simple t-shirt plus shorts will suffice.

"You are so lucky, Lis!"

I turn to her, confused. "What do you mean?"

"You can just spend the entire Saturday afternoon with Ms. Kim."

"Even the morning. I have to stay as long as a normal school day." I groan annoyed and continue to rummage through my closet.

Rosé screeches, which makes me jump in shock. "Oh my God, I'm so jealous of you!"

I just roll my eyes and groan in annoyance as I throw the denim dungarees at her.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. Any girl would be jealous of you."

"I'm not even every girl and certainly not the first girl to have detention with her."

Now Rosé is the one who groans in annoyance. "But nobody was allowed to spend the whole Saturday with her."

"Then come by too! We'll get three more and make it to 'The Breakfast Club'!" I said sarcastically, with Rosé throwing a pillow at my head and asking me to braid her hair. What do you not do for your best friend?

"But you can't deny that Ms. Kim is hot." She starts saying again.

I internally curse at my best friend for it because I just try not to think about her all the time.

I sigh. "Yeah. She's hot. But that's all about it."

"This confession is enough for now."

After Rosé has already braided two Danish braids, she finally disappears and leaves me alone with my thoughts. How I would love to talk to anyone about my fantasies. Someone who doesn't judge me?

-

The next day has dawned and I prefer to stay in bed. What am I supposed to do with Ms. Kim this afternoon for a full hour and a half?

What if I stare at her or we have that weird moment again when she tucked my strand of hair behind my ear?

I automatically feel my heart start beating faster with this feeling, this heat. I promise myself that if something like this happens again, I'll tell her how unacceptable that is. A teacher shouldn't touch her student like that. Nor should she trigger such a sexual awakening in her!

Finally, I get out of my bed and go naked to my own bathroom to take a shower. I ignore the wetness I feel on my center as I walk and blame it on the new pill I've been prescribed. It's definitely just my hormones going haywire.

I curse myself for making a quick stop at the Sweet Times Café for a quick latte macchiato. If I hadn't stayed up half the night writing, I wouldn't be so tired now, and I wouldn't be five minutes late either. Luckily my geography teacher is old and easygoing.

I hurry along the schoolyard with my coffee-to-go so as not to show up for class later than I already am. After pushing open the heavy stairwell door and running blindly up the stairs, I crash into a person and spill half my drink on them in front of me.

I automatically say frantically "Sorry, I'm sorry!" And rub the nice white shirt in front of me with the serviette I got from the café. It's not until I hear an amused hum that I look up and realize whose hard abs I'm rubbing. I can feel the blood draining from my face and my heart stops for a month.

Bright green eyes look down at me and I can't shut my mouth. Damn it, I've been avoiding her all week for nothing!

"Lalisa Manoban." She smirks. "I've been missing you in class all days this week. Where have you been?"

I still can't get anything out. My throat seems bone dry.

"Have you wasted your time being clumsy?"

I still stand there, not knowing what to say in reply. My head keeps repeating, I touched Ms. Kim's toned abs!

Suddenly I feel my pulse quickening with this realization and I change from pale to red. I also notice that my hand is still on her stomach, which is why I withdraw it in a flash as if I had burned myself.

"Are you all right, Lisa?" She whispers and puts her hand on my bare shoulder.

How can it be that just this touch makes my whole blood boil and I blink, trying to regain my sanity.

When I sleep I find my voice again. "I... it's fine, Ms. Kim."

"Well then. If you'll excuse me, I need to go get my shirt changed." She says to phone breaking eye contact to which all I can do is nod.

I feel like her eyes have now changed to an emerald green.

My pulse was racing and the spot she still touches feels red-hot. Finally she lets go of me, but before she finally leaves, she stops me for a moment. "Oh, and Lisa. Maybe you should..." Her index finger glides almost imperceptibly and delicately over my right breast. "Maybe you should go change too."

And then she's gone.

I stand there, still perplexed, and feel a telltale pull in my abdomen. What just happened?

I could slap myself right now for how motionless and embarrassed I just stood there.

Only now do I notice that coffee has also landed on my white off-shoulder blouse and you can see through my entire white lace bra. My face blushes even more at the realization that she now knows what my underwear looks like.

What about telling her my opinion if she touched me again? I ask myself as I amble leisurely to my locker to get my emergency top. It's no longer worth going to the first lesson anyway.

-

A/N: Hope you enjoyed the chapter! The next upcoming chapter will be finally Jennie's POV!!