[Season 2] Chapter 43 - Ones Who Strive to Live

Light citrus wafted in the air as soon as you apprached him, the dreamlike tune of a hymn of pearls and corals playing in your mind for eternity now clear and crisp as though the longing whispers that clogged your head had never been there, forgotten by time itself. But you know that's not quite true.

Familiar lighthouses scanned his anatomy, "How are you faring, Baam? Have you been feeling under the weather since you acquired the thorn?"

"Ah. . . Well," He looked down, "it still doesn't feel like it's mine. There's also that promise I made with Rachel. I may have brought it with me but I still haven't tried it out."

"I want to use some kind of reasonable method to decide who really has the right to keep it." He clenched his fist.

"Mm, I understand. However, you should do that in your own time." You nodded.

"By the way, since the battle with Joe ended, I've been able to do this." In the next moment, a nearby explosion rang into your ears, "I created a room behind that halfway over there. Since the battle my range that produces shinsu have increased significantly, just like the Red Thryssa."

Silence elapsed for a second, then you laughed- "Hehe, Baam, that's because you have the Red Thryssa in you now."

You outstretched a hand to him, and a fish of shinsu came out of his garments, "I sent an envoy to watch your battle with Hell Joe and it seems that you took the Red Thyrssa before it exploded."

"Khun should be about done talking to the others now. You should complete any preparations before we leave for the Hidden Floor." He stared at your back once again as you left.

"Hwa Ryun, please follow these notes once we're out of the Hidden Floor—"

"[Name]!!" Androssi stomped to you a few minutes later in the train's corridors, amidst your walk with the guide, "Are we really taking Rachel to the Hidden Floor!?"

Khun must be done explaining to everyone then. . .

"Hmm. . . I understand your anger and though I would prefer it if she didn't come as well, she simply knows too much-"

She stomped- "I don't want to hear any excuses!! There's lots of stuff that she knows and you want that picture, is that it!?"

"That's right."

"Fine!! Just wait a bit!! I'll get that picture back and find out all of the secrets that she's hiding!!" She walked away with a glare. With an amused twinkle in your eyes, you promptly walked after her, "There is another way to learn the truth."

Ergo, you sat on Rachel's bed a few moments later, feeling her gaze bore into your back, your expression as blank as water's surface despite the quiet smile that lingered on your face, "You should remember, you have yet to fulfill your responsibilities, Rachel."

"I know." She responded with a glower as the stingray swam around her, "But you're not here just to remind me. Are you here to take your anger out on me?"

I may not know why Gustang called you Arlen's pawn, but. . .

"I have no need for such unsightly actions. Instead, take heart, Rachel." You outstretched your glowing palm, reminiscent of drifting luminescent waters under moonlight.

There was a blinding flash, then came an endless night sky upon a thousand waves-- and all was still.

- -

"Now, why are you two talking about our elders out in the open like this?" You apprached Evan and Hwa Ryun, bearing your typical countenance as they turned to you upon the staircase leading to the train's doors.