[Season 1] Chapter 0 - Undersea Encounters

The ocean was vast and great before your closed eyes- endless darkness lurking in the depths beneath your feet, rays of moonlight permeating throughout the surface of a thousand waves. Jellyfish and bubbles linering around you as luminescent fish swam around you in faraway shoals, a pair tugging onto your silk garments. You opened your eyes, a gigantic shadow of a whale falling onto your figure as the sea creatures swam upwards hurriedly- forming a single body for the protection of all.

You uncurled your legs, shooting upwards from the ocean onto the water's surface- liquid glistening below your feet shedding light onto the dark sky in which a thousand stars inhabit, rays of white and all the colors of the sky falling from shooting stars. Sea creatures and bubbles rose around you from the water, swimming in air, their glowing bodies rushing as you stared into the eternal beauty of the ever-changing sky- it's when you think about the helplessness your ancestors felt when they stared at the same sky does your fondness for the precious life you see now blossoming further.

Just as fish gather to overcome larger foes, Watatsumi must unite to survive. And you must lead them to new open waters, for that is your duty as divine priestesses.

- -

Hieroglyphs surrounded your lone figure, protuding pillars lit with torches lined uniformly against the walls- you spun on your heel, the unfamiliar place you abruptly appeared in a bit too eerie for your liking. As you turned once more to asses where you are, the gravity dropped as though time paused, a blinding flash appearing out of thin air, vanishing to reveal a mutated bunny-like creature who carried the grin of the devil.

He spun the golden staff in his hands, stepping closer and closer towards you, the expression on his face growing as you stared at him blankly, a hand to your chin. You outstrected your hand, forcing a mindful smile, your voice gentle yet firm, "I am [Name], who might you be?"

"My my, what do we have here? Mm. . . another visitor who opened the gate by themselves. . .? Welcome to the tower young lady." He shook your head, holding his sycthe with one hand, "My name is Headon. I'm the guardian of the first floor of the tower."

"So, Ms. [Name], how did you end up here?"

"Hmm. . . last I remember I was staring out into the ocean." Of course, the details of your job as divine priestess and why you were at the shrine would not be as easy for the guardian to know.

"Oh, is that so?"

Your eyes flickered to the walls from which not a single ray of light peek through- a polite smile entering your face, "Mr. Headon, by tower do you mean we are currently in a tower?"

"Why yes- you don't know about the tower? How curious." He placed a hand onto his mouth, humming before he explained, "Are you perhaps not from this world?"

You hummed pensively, not quite sure yourself, "Perhaps. If so, all the more reason I need to find a way out of here. You wouldn't happen to know one would you Mr. Headon?"

"Well- that is-" He raised his golden weapon, "All the answers are up there. That's all I can tell you."

"If you want to find your answer and go home, head up." He raised his weapon upwards into the ceiling, "Whether you are looking for wealth, immortality, absolute power, magical abilities or mysteries, just head up."

"All the glory, happiness and truth of the world are up there." A cynical smile- "The tower is such a place."

"But remember it is a hard and painful journey to embark on, young lady."

You exhaled, a wry smile appearing on your face- your dry words earning a chuckle from the guardian, "How humourous. I would feel rather shocked if it was not."