[Season 2] Chapter 32 - Everlasting Devotion

"Did you all sleep well, regulars? Today is finally the day you'll arrive at the Name Hunt Station. Hm. . . but, doesn't it seem like we're missing some people, Evan?" Yuri and Evan stood in front of the group of regulars just as they did two days ago, "Ah. . . yeah. . ."

"Mr. Quatero and Mr. Chang left and took the White Heavenly Mirror containing Angel and Mad Dog with them. Ms. Bero decided to stay behind with the clone. Team Sweet and Sour, on the other hand. . ." Your eyes drifted over to them who discussed among themselves, "I'm rather worried about them. . ."

"[Name], we don't have the time to help them, you know that."

You don't say anything as your stare drifted over to them, Wangnan approaching you as he ignored Prince's shouts, "[Name], I have something to tell you. We've decided not to get off at this station. We're going to stay on the train and find Cassano."

"What. . .!? What are you talking about? Those guys aren't just going to show themselves to you." Khun attempted to reason. Wangnan shook his head, explaining his plan, "They certainly could if it's just us. Plus, Hoaqin must be getting hungry by now. Since they're probably after us too. . . we could actually lure them out. We just have to capture them and runaway."

That's. . . just reckless sacrifice. Hwa Ryun must've told him about the prophecy, you crossed your arms, turning your back to him, "I've understand your concerns, I do, but we have no guarantee this plan of yours will succeed, or even that it's safe. Wangnan, you know just as well as I do, betting your lives on a plan that has a low chance of succeeding is never worth it."

"But we've been a real burden to you guys this whole time. . . We couldn't even help you out during the battle with Hoaqin." He glanced down, a somber smile on his face. You shook your head- your voice stern and strong, "I've been in my fair share of treacherous battles so I know well what it means to be a burden. Turning to this plan won't help you."

"It's true that Mr. Horyang is waiting, but rushing into imminent danger won't prevent any of you from dying. In fact, it'll increase the chances of losing your comrades." You faced him once more, placing a hand on your chest, "I understand that you want to get out of the train as soon as possible, but this plan is too precarious. Your lives are far too precious to be risking."

"What if we're too late? Horyang will. . ."

"I understand. As things stand, there's no difference between using your plan and not in the terms of the likelihood of success." Your gaze drifted over to the princess, "Ms. Yuri, please give me ten minutes. Not a second more."

You don't give her a chance to say a rebuttal as you walked over to team Sweet and Sour.

"Could I talk to you for a minute?" You turned to the doctor who nodded. Once everyone had left, you opened your mouth, "Could you tell me about the devil? It's origins and how it came to be, in specific?"

"The devil? What for?"

"I'd like to recreate a source of power for Mr. Horyang." You admitted. Sophia shook her head, "Creating a life, that's impossible. . . but you're an irregular, right? I suppose it can't hurt to try."

"No, creating a life is not something I can do. The properties of the devil's power, on the other hand, is something I may be able to mimic." You shook your head, outstretching your palm as sphere the size of a raindrop appeared in your palm, taking in all the shinsu around you as though it was an endless void of crystal, "If all that remains are remnants, then can't a devil be reborn?"

Sophia stared at it with bated breath- the captivating sight reminiscent of a fallen star dyed in moonglow sparkling before her eyes.

"[Name]. . . will they really be okay?" Khun asked, azure eyes peering over to you as you slowly descended the staircase, "I trust your decision but. . . are you alright? How are your energy levels?"