[Season 1] Chapter 5 - The Outlander Who Siezed the Tides

After three days of light bearer classes once you've somehow convinced the test administrator- you found yourself in the wave controllers class, position training room seven, sitting between Laure and Baam. The teacher who oddly resembled a ram stood in front of the class, "I'm sorry I'm late regulars. My name is Yuga and I'm in charge of the wave controller position."

You stared at the ranker, thinking long and hard as he spoke, explaining shinsu's role, "Shinsu is the world itself. Shinsu helps us breathe and live life. Also, it's the core of all energy. We can't do anything without shinsu."

"Shinsu can be fire, water or light. It can change in infinite ways. There's no word that can describe this fantastic element. It's like the blessing of God. Controlling shinsu is like interrupting the role of God." Yuga drawled on, "Because it's so powerful, it's dangerous to control shinsu."

An ominous atmosphere fell upon the class- "I can kill all the regulars here. . . within five second."

He seemed to smile- "Isn't that scary?"

"As controlling shinsu is so dangerous, in order to use it without any special item, you need to get permission from the floor's administrator." You bit your tongue, Oops, "You can use these items without permission because they were already permitted by the administrators at the workshop after they were made. But if you're using more than a specific amount of shinsu, it's a different story. You should get permission from the administrator. This is generally called the contract with the administrator."

"This contract must be done in the same way on every floor. Or else, you'll be restricted while controlling shinsu." Yuga turned to you and Laure, "You two already contracted with this floor administrator, didn't you?"

". . . Well, yes."

You recalled the first day of your light bearer classes where you had to talk to a giant sea creature, "Yes."

"I guess Mr. Laure's the type to read shinsu while sleeping."

"Oh. . . I just love sleeping."

"Well, ok. I guess there's no one else who has already contracted with the administrator. So let's learn how to make a contract with the administrator." He turned, "First, close your eyes and change your pocket into visible mode. The E-grade pocket that was given to you when you first entered the inner tower allows you to make a contract with the administrators up to the fortieth floor. In order to make a contract with the administrators above floor 40, you need to buy a higher ranked pocket."

"And now, to the pocket, say contract with the administrator."

"Contract with the administrator." You spoke gently to the pocket in your hands, eyes closed as color drained from the world around you, the giant sea creature appearing right before you. Your eyes from which shadows of the ill-defined waves peak out fluttered open, staring into an orb the color of pearls: the administrator's eye.

"I am the administrator of this floor. Are you here for a contract?"

You nodded, fished swimming around you, "Yes, I am [Name]."

"Ok. Let me see if you're qualified to control shinsu." The administrator moved closer to you, it's eyes directly staring at you- then it turned, your feet barely touching the top of it's jaw, "You!"

"You are. . . not from this world, drifting outlander." Then it continued, ". . . Why is it that I feel the presence a God within you?"

For a moment, you could only stare at the giant creature, it's unblinking eyes staring at you, ". . . I am [Last name] [Name], the Divine Priestess of Watatsumi island. I inherited the Watatsumi Omikami's will, which flows through my clan's bloodline every generation, and protect Watatsumi in it's stead."