[Season 2] Chapter 48 - Termination of Desires

After convincing your comrades to allow your sworn enemy, who wasn't exactly an enemy and someone you couldn't murder anyways, to stay around the stage, Eduan had called you all back, "Now, continue with the training right away. It's better not to stop once you've gotten the hang of it."

"Don't we get to rest?!" Khun shouted. Eduan promptly ignored him, facing Baam, "Hey, Son of V, and you, mermaid lady. Follow me, I'll teach you how to get to the next stage."

With a look from Baam, the two of you thusly approached Eduan, the rest of your comrades staying behind with Han Sung who'll teach them how to control shinsu. With a simple raise of his palm to the sky, a done of rocks covered the area, electricity crackling between them, "That should be enough. Now, the two of you are going to revive a special lesson from me. Because what I'm going to each you now is revolution."

"But, Eduan, we've already been in the rice pot!"

"I know. I can tell even at a glance. You've been in it but you've only got a taste. Power like that is still only the beginning. I'm now going to use these stones and my shinsu to create an environment as similar to the rice pot as possible. Unlike the God of Guardians, I've preformed a revolution myself so I'll be able to help you more directly." Lightning now crackled around him, bowing to his bidding, "Now that you know the characteristics of your shinsu it will also help with finding the source of your power.. but brace yourself, revolution is a type of training that both awakens your own power while also being able to kill you."

The third time you were under the spell, you were met with a divine being you hadn't seen in a while. Luminescent scales glimmered under the sea of stars and the moon embraced the sea. The snake opened an eye— and then came silence.

". . . Orobashi, if I may. . ." As expected, the snake did nothing— for it was neither your God nor remnants, but simply a projection of the distant past lost in time. Your voice trembled, like dusted petals in a storm, like pearls rolling over and falling into a void, like falling stars that could only bring forth disaster, ". . . Your children are here. . . So please guide them home."

You don't how long you spent removing before the motionless serpent, but the last you remembered was a flashing star apart of a familiar constellation and a familiar, yet unfamiliar soothing voice before you woke from the spell, "The moon ship passes over a misty beach."

As always, there was silence and all was still: the moon, the stars, the constellation and the sea's surface rippled without fault. You had much to say and ask, that was without a doubt, yet all that permeated in your heart was peace. The truth beyond the abyss, or if dragons and snakes were kin, or if the sinshades were real, or if the serpent could hear you, none of that mattered then.

That they were indisputable to you was all that mattered, "Orobashi, we will soon clash with a near omnipotent enemy. . ."

"But just as you led my ancestors to the light. . ." You shall lead them to victory, for that is your duty as divine priestess. How ironic, you were taking an oath in front of your God and whether it was due to your sense of duty or an inevitable path you must take due your destiny, no one knew. But the heavy feeling in your chest was real. And there was no denying that though you cared for your people the most, you also cared about everyone else.

But the tower neither welcomed innocence nor warmth, and stirred bloodshed and strife. Perhaps Baam was right, there really should be a paradise somewhere, but perhaps— you could also create a paradise from nothing.

A deep breath, and you placed your hands atop your chest just as a six stars of a familiar constellation glowed to life, like the moon refelcting the sun's warmth, "I wish to protect all of this world and allow its people to lead happy lives."