Interlude I - Memorandum of Coral

hello, today I'll walk everyone through the writing process and some hidden references (that hasn't been mentioned in the author's notes) in pearl of wisdom!

> chapter 0 - undersea encounters

the very first scene was a part of kokomi's trailer! now we know that this scene was a few moments before she was transferred!

upon recieving everlasting moonglow, it changed colors when mc held it, this was a reference to it's ascension to higher levels.

> chapter 2 - against all odds

this chapter started off with kokomi's iconic line!

mc created an illusion of stars and constellations on her palm: '. . . stars floating on your palm, shooting stars tinted with the colors of midnight waves passing the horizon, constellations dancing with the dull glow of the display that illuminated your features. . .' this was a salute to one of genshin's traveller's idle!

> chapter 10 - sink into oblivion

here we witnessed mc sinking into oblivion in the water! this is was the first time we saw the curse: tatarigami, and although effects of exposure to it is mitigated for vision-bearers or those sensitive to the elements, mc was not completely unaffected.

> chapter 12 - this little light of mine

when yihwa asked about mc, mc replied with; "more about me? mm. . . I don't mind. I only worry that you may find the topic a little boring." this was taken from kokomi's teapot companion dialogue unlocked at friendship 4!

> chapter 15 - emerging clouds

here mc was given a fish-shaped snack; the snacks she was given later on in the story are also fish-shaped!

> chapter 16 - lost in gravel and stone

the line '. . . catalyst that represented the cosmos whirred into life next to you. the sphere at its center that represented a heavenly body glowed. . .' refers to prototype amber!

> chapter 22 - under the clear sky

'you offered a quiet smile, "of course. we'll all still be together after this, right?"' although it's not exactly the same, and mc repeats variations of this line, this came from kokomi's teapot companion dialogue as well!

> chapter 23 - flow of mildness

although it was first shown in chapter 20.5, gustang and mc's communication method was based from nahida talking to the traveller (aether/lumine) in genshin impact's version  event 2.8! some lines in chapter 20.5 were based upon their conversation too!

> chapter 26 - a venture into the unknown

here, mc asked jinsung ha to teach the resistance—  and in context of this dimension, the resistance refers to the stray vishaps hiding in the shadows! it may have been implied (if I didn't delete that) that mc drowned an entire floor as dragonheir, although I can't find where it was implied, this was supposed to act as a temporary sanctuary for them until the imaginary enkanomiya was built!

> chapter 30 - nothing but a dream

mc's line ". . . if you make a promise, you keep it, if you make a mistake, you apologize. . . and if you give someone a dream, you defend it to the end. . ." came from genshin impact's childe, one of the best brothers!

> chapter 35 - riders of the wind, onward

before mc's duel with elaine, there was this line: you took a step to kaiser with a hand outstretched, "it takes two to tango. shall we?" this scene was from genshin impact's eula's trailer!