[ Season 1] Chapter 10 - Sink Into Oblivion

"Take care, don't be reckless." Khun warned you, squatting a bit behind you as you dipped your feet into the water filled pond connected with the wine glass, your geta sandals placed away from the water, by your side a few feet back. You hummed, placing a hand on your chest, not quite believing your words yourself, "I'll be fine. Shouldn't you be preparing now, Mr. Khun?"

Khun brought a hand up to your cheek, pinching at your skin and pulling gently, "Are you trying to get rid of me that fast? I just got here."

You shot him an exasperated smile. Khun let out a burst of laughter, "Ok, ok. I'll go after you."

He stood and backed away, the premonition in his gut blossoming further, "[Name], hurry up and come back."

You turned over your shoulder just as you were about to push yourself into the hole, "Mm, we can chat again after this, Mr. Khun."

With that you dived into the hole, your sandals and fin-like head accessory resting in the sand.

The first thing you noticed when you were fully submerged was the odd feeling you had- much unlike the depths of the ocean this imitation was eerie, like an strong unknown force flowing into your veins from the endless darkness. You couldn't help cut compare this to the feeling you had when you first stepped into Enkanomiya, staring into the sky without a single source of light. Was this helplessness what your ancestors felt too?

Hurriedly, you swam over to the bubble Baam and Rachel were in, nearly pausing in shock when the waters moved and a thundering crack resounded from above. When the net came down you pulled the bubble forwards, a school of fishes you controlled swarming around it, it's weight lighter than you thought it would've been.

Another thunderimg crack reached your ears, the water moving in protest to the sudden disruption. You picked up your pace as the feeling blossomed further, fish swimming in faraway shoals as though they made path for you. This ocean was much unlike Watatsumi's where fishes would apprach you and swing with you, where modt lived in harmony and formed a body for the protection of all.

To you, perhaps this sea was chaos.

Minutes later, the force only got stronger- Baam unleashing a sudden invisible wave that caused the fishes to distance themselves even more, swimming panicked in circles. You glanced at the bubble, gazing at Baam who stared at his hand and Rachel who stared at him before swimming ahead once again, ignoring the conversation that took place between them.

Then a sharp noise reached your ear- and you brought your hand up, balsting a wave of shinsu at the upcoming spear that nearly cracked the bubble. Thus you came face-to-face with the bull.

Baam outstretched his palm, the technique you thaught him replaying in his mind as he fired. Hurriedly, you summoned another baang within your hands, the power of hydro swarming around you. And thus a beam of light cut through its mouth, a myriad of fishes swimming away from the concentrated shinsu, the sound of waves crashing against shore playing in your ears as the carcass fell into the deep waters.

Heavy pants left you as you continued upwards, your eyelids fluttering up and down as a pain reminiscent of wild fires burned in your lungs. Your eyes fluttered looked over to the bright light above you but you weren't seeing anything. You heard Baam's cries as he fell yet all you could hear was a flat high pitch in your ears.

Last you could remember was a bright flash from your vision as you descended down the darkness.

- -

"Darn it!" Yuri exclaimed as she halted in her tracks, the traitor that was your position teacher watching curiously. Yuri scratched at her head, "Being a princess is a tiresome job. Hey, do whatever you want."