[Season 1] Chapter 4 - Legend of the Wind

First, there was a crowd of battling regulars in your vision and a boy receiving a thundering blow to his head.

Second, red took over your sight- the stench of the battlefield becoming too strong for someone spectating from far away.

Third- a swarm of fishes brought you down to the ground, shielding you from shinsu that protected Baam as the weight of the situation unfurled before your eyes. Hurriedly, you kneeled by Bam and the blonde, the fish you sent earlier healing the wound on Baam's head greatly. You heaved a sigh of relief and turned to the blonde, "Are you alright?"

You received a speechless nod before you turned to the masked regular, rendering her unconscious with an attack. Khun ran over, kneeling down next to Baam, "[Name], how is-"

"Baam will be fine, please help him up, Ms." You stated as you slung the masked regular's arms over your shoulders, walking away from the battlefield.

"[Name] wait-"

You turned to Khun with a quiet smile- then all was still.

- -

You sat by Baam's bed a day after the crown game, dressed in uniform from the store, Khun next to you as you both waited for Baam to wake up in silence. Khun opened his mouth, his words slightly tangled in his throat, "I think. . . you're pretty amazing [Name]."

You offered your signature smile, eyes which resemble the endless darkness of the ocean staring into azure- "I appreciate your sentiments, however I'm not suited to be a figure of awe."

"Rather than harming your enemies you protected them and you kept a legendary weapon from a Princess of Zahard." Khun continued, "I was really surprised when you healed the other teams too after each test."

"Hmm. . . in the end it's nothing special, simply fairness in judgement and justice in dispensing rewards and punishment."

Khun smiled though it didn't quite reach his eyes. You shifted, kneeling next to Baam and checking his wound, using your hydro vision to speed up the healing process- the lingering scar sticking to his scalp.

"Mm, just a few more hours." Khun nodded and you sat back down next to him- silence filling the air, with no objective thoughts of your homeland and how they were managing clogging your mind.

And then there was a knock, "Um, may I come in?"

Khun turned to the door, "Yes, come in."

And the blonde Baam saved walked in, clothed in a pink dress. Khun glanced over- "You are. . .?"

"Oh. . .! Hi! I'm Rachel." She walked over to Baam, placing a hand on his bandaged head as though to check his wound. You offered her a quiet smile, "He's fine, if everything is in order he'll wake up today."

"I see," The girl nodded, smiling sweetly, "thank you for taking care of Baam."

Khun turned to her, "Did you know Baam well?"

"Yeah, I knew him since before I can into the tower." Rachel sat down next to you on the bench. Khun nodded, "It's amazing how you two ended up taking the same test."

Rachel glanced downwards, a nostalgic smile on her face, "Baam was a lonely boy. He was always alone. . . and lonely. Before he came up the tower the only friend Baam had was me. When he heard that I was going up the tower, Baam cried and told me not to go. But I left him and entered the tower. I thought that I would never meet him again but he appeared in front of me."

Rachel's gaze rose from the floor, "I couldn't take Baam's crown so I decided to help him win. Well, I wasn't a big help, my teammates were the ones who helped."