[Season 2] Chapter 30.5 - Evanescent Moments III

“What is wrong with you?” Beta waved his hands in front of his face— pushing away the smoke from his face, eyes settled into a glare as coughs reached his ears. You took your lighthouse, using it to absorb the remnants of the small explosion that occured within the room.

“My apologies. . . I didn't think that'd happen so soon.” You offered an apologetic smile, shinsu filling the room once more— restoring the items scattered about as though it had never been blown away.

Sophia hummed, “Hmm. . . the devil definitely had much more power. . . Oh!”

Realization dawned on her face, “It can't withstand higher temperatures! That's why we stored it away in colder atmospheres.”

“. . . I'm stuck with two lunatics.”

“Perhaps, but you're still here of your own violation, are you not?”

— —

“Ms. [Name], since when did you have contact with those people. . .?” Lero-Ro asked as you were about to pass by him to meet with your allies in the resort. You turned to him, “Those people. . .? Oh, you know about that too?”

He nodded, “They are very dangerous. Do be careful around them.”

You placed a hand on your chest, “Don't worry. I made a contract with them, if they were to break it well. . . they'll suffer severe consequences, to say the least.”

“That said, I have to follow the rules too, of course.” A moment elapsed I'm which you turned apologetic, “I can't tell you much even if I wanted to, sorry Mr. Lero-Ro.”

“Oh.” A downcast expression, “I see. Have fun then.”

— —

“[Name], smile!” Khun cheered as he took a photo of you both— your hands dropping the book in your hands from which papers spewed out of. You huffed, bending down and picking up your items as Khun followed, taking a paper into his hands and observing it, “Oh, there are a lot of footnotes. . . but this is about provision prices. . .?”

“It's a starting-up decree for the Resistance. I included restrictions on the prices of essential everyday goods so those items will ultimately reach the people at a reasonable price. However, with the multiplying population of the Resistance, it needs to be reviewed.” You explained, taking the paper back from him as you gathered the last of your notes.

“Hmm. . . you'll have to bring us there one day.” Khun laughed, “Maybe that alligator can start a banana farm.”

“Sure, but you'd have to explain your identity to them first if you were to go with me.” You smiled along, walking in step with him. Khun shot you a teasing look, “Oh, that's a shame. You didn't tell them about me?”

A wry smile— “Don't be ridiculous. My role in the resistance is solely of the Divine Priestess.”

— —

You were drowning.

Your heart was heavy and you couldn't breathe as static played in your ears. Your fingertips was cold and complexion ashy— trepidation crawling your tense muscles and awkward steps.

Ever since you had boarded the train, weak tides of terror came crashing into you, your head throbbing as you walked along with Khun and Baam.

It all makes sense when you've reached the first guardian— because there stood a sinshade the color of water whose sorrow premeated into your blood. You shuddered. Wordlessly, Khun took your hand.

The teasing yet worried tome in his voice gives away all his motives— “Don't be so dazed, you might get hurt.”

“Sorry,” You clutched your head, “could I hold onto you for a bit longer. . .?”

“What's with that uncertainty?” Khun smiled down at you, pulling you along to the others who walked ahead, “Of course.”

— —

“Mr. Jinsung.” You called for the man one day during your time in FUG. He gave you an inquisitive glance, the ruin guards you made as dummies crumbling before your feet as he watched over your training, “What is it?”

“There will be a war soon.”

He lowered his cigarette, his gaze calculating and wary despite his light tone, “What are you talking about now?”

“There will be a war soon.” You repeated, your countenance unwavering as you stood and faced his eyes, “Viole. . . Baam will play a major role in the war. I. . .”

“. . . You're worried for him, huh?”

“I will create an army separate from FUG. An independent resistance that constitutes of individuals who aim to aid in Zahard's fall. They shall work together to change the tides in the battlefield and attain victory. And I shall raise the flag for their aspirations so that it shall never be cast aside again and thrive in peace.” You stated, the rumbled of the mechanisms around you halting as you blasted them with moonlight-dyed water.

“I don't like where you're going with this.” Though Jinsung Ha may not understand your words then, he certainly will.

The next day, when he first sees his other pupil who immediately asks— “How's [Name]?”

Jinsung doesn't answer the question, instead he asks one of his own, “Is her life that precious to you?”

Viole didn't waste a moment to nod.

— —

Hwa Ryun sighed as the static in her ear buzzed, the faint glow of an emblem of waves and pearls dying out as she removed the earpiece from her person, “The connection broke.”

Humming, you stared at the levitating, shining pearls in front of you, “Are these enough?”

“They're just rankers, there's no need to go through extreme lengths for them.” Hwa Ryun took her eyepatch resting upon a pile of wooden crates, wearing it as she heard faint footsteps grow clearer and louder, “Viole is coming. I'll see you.”

You nodded, offering a quiet smile as she left, a familiar, long-haired brunet looking at her back right as they passed each other in the doorway, “Indeed, see you.”

Viole blinked, turning to you as the redhead vanished from your sights, “[Name]. . .?”

“No need to worry, Viole.”

— —

“Khun. . .” You shook your head as you walked along the pipe, the sweetfish trailing behind you. The blue-haired man chuckled, “It worked out, didn't it?”

“It may have been successful but there are other ways to attain victory other than gambling.” You sighed, pressing a palm against your forehead, “And to think you planned on drawing it out from the beginning.”

He laughed, “Well, you know me.”

author's note

as of writing this 3.4 is coming soon so good luck to this who'll be pulling

the first and second scene was before the separation, after the battle workshop. the third and fourth was in the train. the fifth and sixth was in fug, between the first and second season. the seventh was during the pipe game wherein you had to protect the sweetfish

now that I'm reading something I wrote months ago. . . I'm wondering if I should leave it be or alter it 😭 I'll be very busy soon so updates will take a while 😭 in the meantime, take care and stay safe, everyone 💗