[Season 2] Chapter 50 - A Glorious Awakening

Ambition was a precious thing: a source of motivation; a reason to fight; a beacon for people who don't know how to live. But your will has never been strong or vivid, not much unlike the pearls of the sea, bathing in unforgiving waves and moonlit after countless nights. Not much unlike the sea, luminescent and glimmering amidst radiant colors.

Or perhaps you, who protected ambitions and brought forth victories amidst grueling battles, were not much unlike the moon that had no light of its own and reflected the sun's light to cast away the night. Like an advisor, like a Divine Priestess.

Divine Priestess. Your eyes shot open— and there was nothing you could discern, vision blurry and landscape great. For a moment, you stood, too dazed and bewildered in the great dark void adorned with gleaming lights and their proxies upon the water's edge. You blinked, once, twice. Then came the surge of senses like waters bursting valleys deep into the ground.

Hesitantly, you stepped forward. And the next thing you knew was the illuminated glow of fishes cushioning your fall. Your legs laid upon a moving shoal of fish, feet eventually reaching the waves before the school of fishes dissolved into a myriad of sparkling bubbles. You glanced at your legs, and sure enough, right at the corner of your vision was an additional limb and a set of frill like fins and scales.

With a single glance at your hands, you could tell it wasn't much different from your legs. And of course, your reflection had mirrored the pair of fin-like horns upon your head. Had it not been attached to your head so firmly, you might have mistaken it for the fin-like ornaments you donned. And had your flowing fins not been attached to your skin, you might've mistaken it for your noble dress.

As you analyzed and understood your metamorphosis and escape from dertain doom, there was a certain question that still remained elusive to you: why did a deep place's plume replace your previous garments?

— —

Sachi had witnessed many things, but what remained before his eyes, he couldn't believe, not when some sort of dragon-like shinhueh had tackled the ranker who was about to capture them alive. The purple vishap trotted over to the vehicle he had bounded himself and his comrades onto— and without a single word, it raised it's tail, violet electricity crackling around its appendage. He could hear Boro panic beside him, "What is that?!"

Then came a loud smack and Boro's scream, right before they were immediately headed away from battle, into the expanse of safety of the station.

Meanwhile, Baam rushed away from the train to save the screaming girl under Hwa Ryun's instructions, "I'll head over there! You handle things here, Khun!"

"Baam, wait!" And so he clicked his tongue, gazing over the regulars left in his trail. Not long later, Androssi hurried after Baam after annihilating all the other regulars except the last station's ruler's son. Khun sighed, turning to Hockney and Rak before gesturing ahead, "Let's go. Staying here is useless now."

Before long, there was an announcement blasting through the station, "Ticketers who have entered the station, listen. My name is Lee Xiawun. I'm the manager of this station. Our station will not accept you, since you broke the laws of the tower and sized control of the train illegally. Get out of the station immediately. If you do not leave here yourselves, we will do everything in our power to cooperate with the Royal Army and capture you. And if you resist, we may kill you."

Lee Soyong clecnhed her fists, turning to the present regulars: Baam and Androssi, "You're trying to escape right?! I'll help you!"

"W-what are you talking about Soyong?! Helping the could get us all killed!"

"Stay out of this, you incompetent brother! Those bastards killed Ryu-Ahn!"

"What?! Ryu-Ahn is dead?!"