[Season 2] Chapter 46 - A Pearl Amongst Legends

In the first year of darkness, a masked maiden had wandered aimlessly, her consciousness clear and devoid of hope. In the second year of darkness, it was as though an everlasting ripple had formed in the sea that was her sinking soul; a faint nudge, a waning ambition. In the third year of darkness, she had spoken.

And in the fourth year of darkness, the scent of death lingered close by- for days were long gone and only an eternal night remained.

- -

The ocean's hymn rang in your ears as you bellowed into the hole of the ice cream shaped adobe, "Hello there, Khun Eduan. Yu Han Sung sent us here to send you a message: we found someone who can make your wish come true."

A smile crept onto your face, your eyes twinkling akin to the all-knowing moon, "Though. . . wouldn't you like to meet Arlen and V's child?"

In an instant, lightning crackled all around you.

"You have a stern voice," An unfamiliar member of the Khun family stepped out of the large mirror that had appeared out of thin air by your side. Hands in his pockets as he blew his bubblegum, he took a step to you, the mirror vanishing behind him, "But you don't look up to par."

"You must be Khun Eduan's envoy." You hummed, expression blank as you walked back to your teammates, the Khun following behind you with whilst he inspected your teammates, "Those guys over there, are they the ones who'll fulfill the promise to my father?"

You hummed, "They're his comrades."

"What!? He's not here? So you plan on making a deal without bringing what you promised? I can't believe this."

"Ther's no need to blabber. Come on then." You commented, reaching your teammates as you heard the Khun click his tongue. Sighing, you faced your teammates, "Everyone, listen closely and keep your conciseness clear."

In all fairness, there wasn't much you could do to inform them that the King's data had been watching them all among the Hidden Floor, "We're being watched."

It didn't take too long before you sent your teammates ahead, waving at them before you proceeded on your own, "See you!"

The princess you had called for earlier grinned widely, cooing out a goodbye with an exaggerated wave, "You better be right and don't die!"

You stared at the sky for a little longer before taking a scroll and activating a quest— idlness serves no purpose after all. Now, you wondered when Zahard shall reveal himself to you.

The answer was three days later, across a crater he created for a dramatic entrance, with a blank face though you could sense the anticipation emitting from him, like thundering ripples of the deep sea. The dread in your stomach didn't help you either.

"You—" His voice was stern, yet the unexpected cheeriness that came from him was perhaps, a bit too much, "how'd you that? Did you transfer your conciseness? I'm right aren't, I?"

"You. . ." Tentatively, you matched his tone though it was harder that you'd thought it'd be, "look more like an adventurer than a king to me. Are you sure you're meant to be a king? I'm right, aren't I?"

For a moment, the slightest moment, he froze. Had you not been paying so much attention to him, you're certain you would've missed his struck expression. Zahard walked over to you until he stood a few feet in front of you, his fang peeking out of his mouth as he spoke, "Do you know what it means to become a king? Becoming a king means means erasing the people around you. Starting with the people who are the most distant and hostile towards you. Ultimately, you erase people who are closer to you. Then, finally, when you've erased the person you love the most, you're alone in this world."