[Season 2] Chapter 39 - When All Has Elapsed

In all fairness, you had known about the thirteen adventurers ever since you received a book about them from your pen-pal a month before the workshop battle, but to think Baam was Arlen and V's child was another concept that had finally descended into light for you. Unexpectedly, you felt little about this revelation, you had no reason to- Baam was still the same person who stood next to you regardless of his origins.

That would also explain Luslec's, V's subordinate, slight interest in Baam. You didn't say that, of course, he didn't need to know about the inconsequential muses of FUG's god. You glanced at the boy next to you- the dazed look in his eyes causing concern.

. . . I wonder if the God on the outside will interfere this time. You closed your eyes, submitting into your thoughts and how Arlen may have exited the tower, entering the outside.

"I have finally found a way to get out of this place. A place without Zahard or the administrator. I don't know where that place will be, but as long as I can see the vast sky and shining stars which are so much like my own home, it doesn't matter."

Arlen was fond of stars. . .? Rachel truly found Baam.

"But even as I was leaving this place, I could not let go of the longing for my love and the pity for my dead child. So I decided, to offer this child's body to the God on the outside. Someday, that God's power, will enter this dead child's body and awaken him again. That child will open the door to this tower and return someday. He shall achieve vengeance for my love and finish the war which we started with his own hands. He shall destroy corrupt power and bring truth to the tower." Garam continued, reading Arlen's pocket, "God's messenger shall place the red thorn in that child's hands, and that child shall use the thorn to cut off the throat of the greedy king. And he shall find the hidden key, open the door and lead everyone in the tower to greater heights."

". . . You were destined to come to this place."

"Destiny. . ." You mumured, opening your eyes just as Garam proceeded to speak of Enryu's tale. You only spoke up once the princess had admitted FUG had been waiting for someone to obtain the thorn and slash the king's throat, ". . . I was told of their dreams to kill the king but to think they've been waiting for Baam all this time. . ."

"It would have been nearly impossible for regulars to know this. Only a select few know of the boy's origins." Garam spoke. You nodded, placing a hand on your chest and turning to your comrade, "I'm sorry, Baam. I know it'll be hard, but have heart. We'll all still be here."

Miraculously, the boy managed a serene smile, ". . . Thank you."

Garam turned to you, "Sole of the Deep. . . Poe Bidou Gustang's penpal, an irregular and FUG's advisor. . . I ask for your help."

"Poe Bidou Gustang. . .? He's. . .!?"

"The family head." Garam gestured to you, "Your friend here somehow managed to contact him a few years ago and they kept in touch."

"You did. . .!?"

"Well. . . I happened to notice a different, strong power on the thorn when I was inspecting it. The others in FUG must've mistaken it for the remnants Enryu's of power. . . but the truth is a bit different." You resisted the urge to hide from Baam's questioning yet kind gaze, "Through it, I managed to momentarily transfer my conciseness to Aloof Wave's. I suppose, with the sudden of influx of a conciseness, I was lucky his head didn't explode. You know the rest."

Baam blinked, "His head. . . could've explode. . .?"

"It's a possibility, albeit incredibly unlikely."

Garam doesn't take long to ask a favour of you: to free the princesses of Zahard so that they may never never fall to the cruel curse again. It's just in time for Hell Joe's announcement, urging all intruders to fetch the thorn in his castle- a blatant lie to you, to be heard all over the floor.