[Season 2] Chapter 37 - Nothing but Ivy

"What!? We have to jump out!? Are you out of your mind!? We're guaranteed to die if we jump out!!" Boro shouted after Khun had explained how they'll be getting out of the train, given that there was no station. Hwa Ryun sighed, "No, you won't. Just keep quiet. That sea you see over there is blood that flowed from the body of the administrator killed by Enryu. The administrator's blood is shinsu itself, you won't die even if you fall into it. You have to jump into that blood in order to reach the real Floor of Death. It's a place formed by the body of the administrator that Enryu killed. That's why that place is known as the Floor of Death.

"She's right, regulars." Evan approached, Yuri walking alongside him, "That sea that you're looking at is nothing more than the outer shell of the Floor of Death. I mean. . . I haven't taken this route to the Floor of Death before, but it's true that we have to enter that outer shell in order to see the real Floor of Death. Although, no one can predict what will be in there, of course. But we'll be safer so long as we stay within the administrator's body. If you wonder too far off into the darkness that surrounds the body. . . you'll die."

"You won't be able to see the truth unless you jump down from here."

A while later, you stared down at the darkness that enshrouded the floor, standing on the edge of the train, it's doors open for all to see the body. Boro groaned next to you, "Ugh. . . I don't think I can do it."

"You're such a baby."

". . . It's safe to jump, Boro." you turned to the new voice, spotting a man with white hair and vivid red markings on his eyes.

"Hockney!?"

"You won't die even if you jump down there. It's something you need to do if you want to enter the Floor of Death anyway." Hockney walked over, a lamp hanging from a stick- his weapon, you assume, over his shoulders.

"Who are you. . .?" Baam asked. You walked away from the exit, ". . . You must be David Hockney, the scout who got on at the station on the 40th floor Boro told us about."

"Ah. . .! The one from the Floor of Death. . .!" Khun gaped, his eyes meeting yours to convey his suspicions.

"Yeah, he wandered around on his own in search for a picture after finishing the test. You said you wouldn't go to the Floor of Death. What brings you here?" Boro huffed. Hockney held up a phone that displayed a familiar program, "I changed my mind. Actually, I spoke with Emily yesterday and she said that I would be able to find my picture on the Floor of Death in two days. So it seems like I'll have to go to the Floor of Death too."

"Emily. . .?" You placed a hand to your chin, Boro flinching next to you, "In two days. . . on the Floor of Death!? Did Emily really say that?"

"Yeap."

Khun met your eyes. You nodded, he spoke, "So. . . why don't you come with us? You're from the Floor of Death so it wouldn't hurt to have you with us."

Hockney walked closer, nodding plainly, ". . .Thank you. So are we leaving right now?"

"Enemies are still on board, we should settle with them now where's it's safer." You explained, dazzling stars popping out of thin air the next moment, Yura appearing from the familiar star. Hands by her back, latching onto her suitcase with her typical smile, she spoke, "Why are you guys standing there instead of just leaving?"

"Yura!! You finally showed up!!" Khun exclaimed.

"If you're going to leave make it quick. We can't go out with you guys standing there like that." Yura pointed towards your group. Khun scoffed, eyeing the blue baggage behind the idol, "What do you mean? We're waiting here like this to get you!! We rather avoid getting backstabbed on the Floor of Death. Rachel must be inside that suitcase, huh?"