Catalyst: Part 1

Ladybug and I race across rooftops as we made our way home, landing through the little window leading into Marinette's room and plopped onto our respective beds as we de-transformed. "Finally, that villain was so tough," Hawkmoth had akumatized yet another person and it had taken all night to de-akumatize them. We could barely even get comfortable before our alarm went off. "Rise and shine everyone, today is hero's day. A day where you too can be a hero." "Hero's Day?! I completely forgot to plan my good deed for today!" Mari freaks out as we get up with a groan and start getting ready for school. "You being up all night saving Paris isn't enough of a good deed?"

Tikki asks and Mari explains how that was Ladybug's good deed and how Hero's Day was others doing something for others' benefit. "Mom, Dad! It's hero's day and I don't have a good deed," Mari tells her parents worriedly as we enter the bakery. "Don't worry I put one of every flavor in there for your class," Tom says, handing over a box of macaroons, Sabine soon chimes in. "You can't get much better than that in the good deed department." "You guys are my heroes," She hugs her parents before we head off to school. 

Once we were in Ms. Bustier's class though we were met with a call from Lila who supposedly was overseas in the Kingdom of Achu. But knowing Lila that was a lie. "We can't wait to know what you've been doing since our last video chat. Tell us about your week in the Kingdom of Achu." "It's absolutely amazing. Prince Ali invited me and my parents to his gorgeous palace," More probable lies spew out when Marinette cuts in, pointing at an article on her phone. "Excuse me, Lila but Prince Ali couldn't have possibly invited you because he is in The United States."

 I shook my head, that wasn't good proof he wouldn't actually need to be there to invite them if they really were there. Lila points this out too. "I never said he was actually there Marinette I just said he invited us, that's all," She goes back to whatever lie she was spinning before Mari cut in who was tapping furiously away on her phone grumbling about how she was gonna expose her lies.

"Oh no Marinette not that again. She's not a liar you're just jealous because she tried to hit on Adrien." "Not true!" "What about me? I also told you she's a liar but you don't believe me and it's definitely not because I saw her get buddy-buddy with Adrien he can be friends with whoever for all I care. It's pretty annoying that you're taking Lila a complete stranger's words over your two besties' words," I point out crossing my arms but before she can answer Ms. Bustier asks:

"Lila, what are you planning to do for Hero's Day?" "Today I'll be meeting up with Prince Ali to show him an idea I came up with. Marinette? Prince Ali is coming back to Achu today isn't he?" "Yeah, that's right." "What's this idea, Lila?" "It's nothing much, during our world travels, my diplomatic parents have helped the leaders of several nations to agree to reduce world pollution and I'm very optimistic that the prince will jump on board." "Thank you on behalf of planet Earth."

"Well sure. Superheroes like Ladybug might save lives but she couldn't care less about the environment so somebody has to come to the rescue," I roll my eyes at that statement, how much longer do we have to deal with her? "I'm sorry but it's late here with the time difference as you can see behind me the sun is already going down, I have to leave you now, see you soon," The class says goodbye and the call finally ends. That was unpleasant as usual. "Well it isn't going to be easy living up to Lila's standards but let's all remember we can all be heroes for this one day, we may not all have Prince Ali as a friend but..." The Owl bursts in through the door as an image of Ladybug's superhero team plus a cut out of The Owl appears on the screen.

"We do have imagination hoo-hoo! This year Ladybug, Chat Noir, and (s/n) have been our heroes protecting us from the terrible Hawkmoth. They've shown that heroism is beyond comic books and fairytales. Heroism is real and it's up to you to show how our heroes have brought out the best in all of us by being everyday heroes." "So what heroic deeds have you all planned?" Nino tells us how he never really used to do anything but thanks to Ladybug, (s/n), and Chat Noir he planned to go to the elderly home and play their favorite tunes. Adrien planned to give his Chinese classmates a lesson in fencing and his fencing classmates a lesson in Chinese. Alya talked about how she was planning on just writing an article about equipping public buildings with disabled access but now was going to get the mayor's approval to improve the school so the handicapped could attend the school after seeing the heroes take an extra step every day.