Befana: Part 3

"You must be a real cool girl if all your friends are protecting you like that. So why is your grandma flipping out?" Chat asks as we continue to run. "I think she wanted me to spend more time with her," We reach the Eiffel Tower and tell her to hide before reassuring her we'd get her real grandma back. "Oh and happy birthday," We head back out and look for Befana.

We find her flying around the city turning people into either coal or a fairy while singing her Italian lullaby. "She gives out candy~ To those who are dandy~ And only give coal to brats with no soul~" Chat cuts her off by extending his stick as she falls off her broom, her fairies catching her while Chat tries to continue the song. "Chat Noir comes to unexpectedly...Uh, how do you make that rhyme?" 

I giggle as Ladybug hops next to him and completes the verse. "Fighting evil with the ladies~" "Of course, not bad Bug-a-Boo," Our attention turns to Bafana, she was talking to Hawkmoth and was waiting for the magic word. She then points at Chat and me. "You thieves! Where have you hidden Marinetta?" "We forgetta," I shrug and LB warns Befana she'll be getting a time out of her own.

She sends her four faires at us and we start dodging and blocking their attacks while Bafana seems to watch when suddenly she shouts "He climbs!" She starts heading to the Eiffel Tower. "We can't let her get to the Eiffel Tower!" Chat exclaims worriedly. "And why not?" Ladybug asks, ducking from a fairy. "That's where I hid her granddaughter!" Chat takes off after Befana and Ladybug starts to call out to him when I cover her mouth and remind her that Chat doesn't know. "Remember that Chat Noir doesn't know Marinette and Ladybug are one and the same. We're gonna have to play along."

We chase after Bafana as well and when we catch up we see Chat had hopped a ride on her broom and was making it turn away before he was tossed off. LB catches him and we land on the tower, Bafana addressing Ladybug. "What a soul you are Ladybug, you'd make a perfect fairy," She starts shooting at us with her candies yet again. "Thanks but no thanks!"

 "You can't turn down a gift you rude little imp!" "Since when was being forced to work for someone a gift?" I ask, placing my hands on my hips but Befana turns to her faires. "You take care of the kitty and cub while I punish this polka-dotted brat," The fairies charge at us so we start climbing the tower while Befana chases LB. "(s/n), Chat Noir! I saw Befana dodging her own candies. Even she can't touch them." "Her candy bag has to be the akumatized object," I point out as we watch Befana reload her gun with it.

Ladybug summons her lucky charm and downfalls a tuba. "You didn't tell me you could play the tuba." "I don't but it looks like I'm gonna have to learn," Out of the corner of my eye I see Bafana lining up her shot and I move LB out of the way as she shoots a circle around us the fairies breaking through the ground and we wall to the lower level. "You've been very naughty. I'm going to have to take your toys away from you," Befana tells us as LB looks around before stating "Ok, you win Bafana," Chat and I both give her a shocked look which was returned with a wink. Ah. Sneaky little bug, wonder what her plan is?