A Reward and Deceit

It is currently 10:35 in London. Meanwhile at Horse Guards, a man with short dark brown hair and emerald green eyes along with a neatly trimmed moustache is calmly sitting at his desk. The man is wearing a black coat and a white shirt both of which are neatly buttoned up. He is also wearing black pants and jet black boots. Suddenly another man with short ginger hair and sky blue eyes enters. He is wearing similar clothing except he is wearing a light grey coat. The man who has just entered starts speaking in a calm voice.

???: Good Morning Lord Carrington.
Edward Carrington: Good Morning Lord Anderson.
Elliot Anderson: It seems more peaceful here than in the House of Commons. So much shouting.
Edward Carrington: What are they shouting about?
Elliot Anderson: God knows. But it's ridiculous.
Edward Carrington: Why are you here anyway? You don't normally come see me this early Lord Anderson.
Elliot Anderson: I have concerning news Lord Carrington. I heard this from a friend in the House of Commons.

Edward Carrington stares at Elliot Anderson with a look of confusion. Elliot Anderson starts speaking in a concerned and slightly shocked tone.

Elliot Anderson: Many people have been wondering for a while now where General Henry Wellesley went.
Edward Carrington: Well yes we know that he left to go join the war with his brother Lord Wellington.
Elliot Anderson: People have been saying recently that General Henry Wellesley is dead.
Edward Carrington: Dead!? Who told you this?

Elliot Anderson: Lord Mornington.
Edward Carrington: Isn't he Lord Wellington's brother?
Elliot Anderson: Yes he is.
Edward Carrington: Goodness me I can't imagine how Lord Wellington would be feeling right now. Losing his brother.
Elliot Anderson: It has shocked me too.
Edward Carrington: May I ask how did the General die?
Elliot Anderson: Lord Mornington didn't say how his brother died. He possibly doesn't know.

Edward Carrington calmly sighs to himself then he starts speaking in a tone full of disbelief.

Edward Carrington: General Henry Wellesley is dead.
Elliot Anderson: I couldn't believe it either sir.
Edward Carrington: He was a great General. Even though he and Lord Wellington were fighting for glory.
Elliot Anderson: They both tried to outdo each other.
Edward Carrington: I still can't believe that he died so unexpectedly. Does the public know of his death?

Elliot Anderson: Well yes they do know.
Edward Carrington: I'm assuming that Lord Mornington wants to grieve privately.
Elliot Anderson: I don't know. Maybe Lord Mornington wants to grieve privately. Who knows how the General died maybe it was a gruesome death. War can be like that.
Edward Carrington: And what do you know about war Lord Anderson?
Elliot Anderson: My brother was killed in Spain at the Battle of Salamanca. His death was gruesome. I still prefer not to speak of it.
Edward Carrington: Is that why you stayed away from the Army Lord Anderson?
Elliot Anderson: Yes that's one of the reasons why I stayed away from the Army and went into politics instead.

Edward Carrington gestures to Elliot Anderson to come sit down. Elliot Anderson calmly and confidently walks over to the desk and sits down in front of Edward Carrington. Edward Carrington smiles a little bit then he starts speaking in a cheerful voice.

Edward Carrington: I don't want you to just be standing there Lord Anderson.
Elliot Anderson: Sorry Lord Carrington. I prefer to stand. Especially since I spend a lot of time sitting down while in the House of Commons.
Edward Carrington: You can go for a walk afterwards. Besides I like your company, Lord Anderson. It's a bit lonely at times.
Elliot Anderson: I prefer the quietness of this place. Although I do sometimes enjoy letting my anger out.