A Toxic and Deadly Plot (Part 2)

The sun has just risen and Wellington slowly opens his eyes allowing them to adjust to the morning light. Glancing over next to him he notices that Kitty is still peacefully sleeping. Gently grabbing his golden pocket watch out of his pocket he then opens it and notices that it's 5:50.

He attempts to get out of bed without disturbing Kitty. But Kitty notices him getting out of bed and she opens her eyes and smiles cheerfully. Then she starts speaking in a cheerful yet slightly tired voice.

Kitty Wellesley: Good morning my love.
Wellington: Good morning my dear.

Wellington calmly walks over to his desk and grabs his coat and gently puts it on. Then he sits down at his desk and grabs his jet black boots and carefully puts them on. Suddenly he notices the half empty glass of vodka that he left on his desk last night.

Carefully picking up the glass and he drinks the last of the vodka. But suddenly he starts to feel dizzy and his vision starts to blur. Wellington starts to speak in a slightly anxious voice.

Wellington: Kitty...
Kitty Wellesley: Yes Arthur?
Wellington: I don't feel well at all something isn't right...
Kitty Wellesley: What's wrong Arthur?
Wellington: I feel dizzy...

Kitty Wellesley: Do you want to lie down Arthur? That might help.
Wellington: Yes your right maybe I should lie down...

Wellington carefully gets up from his seat and starts to walk over to his bed. But suddenly he collapses onto the ground and loses conciseness. Kitty immediately gets out of bed and rushes over to him.

Then she starts to gently shake him trying to wake him. She also starts yelling out of panic.

Kitty Wellesley: Arthur please wake up!
Kitty Wellesley: Arthur, please I love you!
Kitty Wellesley: Please don't die on me, Arthur!

Lord Uxbridge enters the tent and he stops and stares out of shock. Kitty Wellesley stares at Lord Uxbridge with tears forming in her eyes. Lord Uxbridge starts speaking in a shocked tone.

Lord Uxbridge: My Lady is he alright? Is he still alive?
Kitty Wellesley: Yes but something is wrong with him!
Lord Uxbridge: What happened?
Kitty Wellesley: I don't know he decided to finish the last of his drink. Then he said he wasn't feeling well. He tried to come back to bed but he collapsed. I don't know what's wrong with him.

Suddenly Lieutenant General Carrington enters the tent while drinking a cup of tea. When he notices Wellington on the ground he drops his cup of tea out of shock.

Lord Uxbridge and Kitty Wellesley awkwardly stare and Winston Carrington. Lord Uxbridge sighs and he starts speaking in a calm and serious voice.

Lord Uxbridge: Lieutenant General Carrington why are you here?
Winston Carrington: I was going to give some reports to Lord Wellington sir.
Lord Uxbridge: Perhaps you can do that later Lieutenant General Carrington. We have a problem on our hands.
Winston Carrington: I see that sir.

Kitty Wellesley: Lord Uxbridge do you know what's wrong with him!?
Lord Uxbridge: I don't want to concern you, My Lady. But I have a feeling that he has been poisoned. But I don't know who did it. The scouts didn't see anyone suspicious last night.
Kitty Wellesley: Will he live Lord Uxbridge!? I don't want to lose my husband!
Lord Uxbridge: Yes he will live don't worry. The poison must have lost its potency and it won't kill him. He just needs rest.

Lieutenant General Carrington regains his composure and he starts speaking in a calm voice.

Winston Carrington: Should I go get the doctor?
Lord Uxbridge: Yes that's a good idea Lieutenant General Carrington.
Winston Carrington: I shall go do that sir.
Lord Uxbridge: Good.