His Fears

Disclaimer: There will be some violence in this chapter so you may skip if you are sensitive.

It is currently 6:00 am. Frederick slowly opens his eyes allowing them to adjust to the warm morning sunshine. Looking over at Voltaire Frederick notices that Voltaire is starting to wake up. Frederick starts speaking in a soft and warm voice.

Frederick: Good Morning my love.
Voltaire: Good Morning my dear Frederick.

Frederick gently kisses Voltaire on the cheek. Voltaire slowly opens his eyes and cheerfully smiles at Frederick. Voltaire then starts passionately kissing Frederick on the lips. A couple of minutes later Frederick gently breaks the kiss. Frederick starts speaking softly to Voltaire.

Frederick: I will always love you...
Voltaire: I will always love you too.

Frederick notices a couple of strands of hair in front of Voltaire's face. Gently moving the strands of hair out of the way Frederick then kisses Voltaire on the lips. Prince Henry enters the tent and he starts speaking in a calm and pleasant tone.

Prince Henry: Morning you two.
Frederick: Good Morning Henry.
Voltaire: Good Morning Your Highness.
Prince Henry: I'm sorry about last night.
Frederick: No it's fine Henry...I understand that you had to give me the orders. However next time, please tell me when you need to see me before you enter if I'm in the middle of something.
Prince Henry: Yes Frederick.
Frederick: Now why are you here Henry?
Prince Henry: I need to talk to you, Frederick.
Frederick: Alright.

Prince Henry calmly exits the tent. Frederick starts speaking in a warm and soft voice.

Frederick: We will talk later Voltaire.
Voltaire: Yes.

Frederick gently kisses Voltaire on the cheek. Then he gets out of bed and calmly exits the tent.

*Voltaire in thought*

I'm still slightly tired...

Although I need to get work done.

No rest is more important...

I can work later.

Voltaire slowly closes his eyes and enters a deep and peaceful sleep. Meanwhile over in the British camp, Wellington is still sleeping peacefully. Colonel Fraser quietly enters the tent and notices that Wellington is still sleeping.

Benedict Fraser: Wake up sir!
Wellington: Not now Kitty...
Benedict Fraser: Do I sound like a girl!? Jesus Christ wake up!

Benedict Fraser calmly leaves the tent. Lennox Fraser walks up to Benedict with a cheeky smile on his face. Benedict Fraser starts speaking in a mischievous tone.

Benedict Fraser: I know what you are thinking Lennox...
Lennox Fraser: Time to call in the boys for the wake up call?
Benedict Fraser: Yes bring the bagpipes some drums and perhaps a bugle.
Lennox Fraser: Should I also bring some gin?
Benedict Fraser: Sure.

Lennox Fraser quickly strolls off and Lord Uxbridge walks up to Benedict Fraser. Lord Uxbridge starts speaking in a calm voice.

Lord Uxbridge: What are you boys up to?
Benedict Fraser: You will see in a minute, sir.

A couple of minutes later Lennox Fraser comes back with a few soldiers in tow. Benedict Fraser stares at Lennox with slight confusion.

Benedict Fraser: Where did you get someone with a flute?
Lennox Fraser: It seems we are making good friends with the Prussians. He decided to join in the fun.
Benedict Fraser: Alright ready lads.