Off Guard

September 7/8th 1995
Song: Ophelia by the Lumineers
Heart of glass by Miley Cyrus
Fight or flight by Conan gray
Bury a friend by Billie Eilish
Knee socks by Artic Monkeys
OOTD:

September 7/8th 1995Song: Ophelia by the Lumineers Heart of glass by Miley Cyrus Fight or flight by Conan gray Bury a friend by Billie EilishKnee socks by Artic MonkeysOOTD:

"Well if it isn't my favourite lab partner" a voice caught Astrid's attention from her books

She smiled as she glanced up "Jake, hey!"

"Mind if I sit?" He asked, a book tucked under his arm, pointing to the empty seat across from her own

"Course" she cleared the space, putting her extra few things onto the chair next to her "what're you up too?"

"Working on Snape's essay" he sighed "he sure knows how to ruin a pleasant weekend"

Astrid laughed lightly, twirling her quill in between her fingers as she re read her essay "makes the two of us"

"Are you almost done?" He pushed his glasses up, pulling out a stack of parchments out of his leather satchel

"Close" Astrid sighed "stuck on my second body paragraph, I don't know why he wants us to to write seven hundred words on what the Amortentia made us feel"

"I don't know why he's making us do another paper on Amortentia" Jake leaned back in his chair, holding his hand out for Astrid's paper

"Beats me" She passed it over, leaning her face on her hand as she watched him read it, his eyebrows raising every once in a while "this is brilliant and I totally did mine wrong" he scrunched his parchment up, tossing it on the table, away from his area "restarting, it is"

Astrid looked at her paper once again, pushing it aside "I'll write an outline for you" she began to quickly write on a blank parchment "it'll be easier for you to follow, enough so you can finish it by tonight at least"

"You're a bloody angel" he said, resting his hand on hers "I owe you"

Astrid smiled at him, it was nice to have a friend. One that didn't know her, one that she could be a different person around.

"What'd you smell in yours again?" He asked, watching her write, bored

Astrid shrugged "nothing but a faint smell of this aftershave one of my friends drenched himself in during the Yule ball"

"Yikes" he laughed "so, is this a special friend or?"

"Oh no" Astrid handed him the parchment "he's my childhood friend, more like a brother to me, Theodore Nott, you may know him"

"Ah" he looked up at her "indeed I do, he and Parkinson are an item, no?"

"They are" she leaned back, "which makes me worry"

"It's weird, the potion and how it's meant to work I mean" he began to say as Astrid pushed herself to finish her final paragraphs "I mean how do we know it's legit right"