Hair

August 31st 1995
Song: Trouble by Coldplay
Last words of a shooting star by Mitski
The cut that always bleeds by Conan Gray
📍Diagon Alley
OOTD:

It must have been something in his eyes Astrid noticed as she walked to the large room, being greeted by a banner that congratulated the three of them at becoming prefects

Either way she knew it was wrong to do, not like she meant too. Sometimes she wanted to request everyone in the world to wear a paper bag over their heads or a sleeping mask to cover their eyes. But she should've known better, she should always know better. Maybe she would have felt less guilt if she wasn't so ashamed at her half assed powers and abilities. If she had greeted them with open arms and was actually good at magic. But she wasn't, sure she read books and talked to wise wizards and witches. But that helped her increase her knowledge rather than performance.

Her father often said it was because she was such an emotional person, that a trigger would go off anytime she felt anything negative.

She avoided the topic though, it gave her anxiety, she should, at her age, know how to control these powers she was developing every other day.

She followed Harry up and cradled Molly in her arms, looking at the same dead body both woman feared. She was glad she missed Ron's though. She remembered the terror and pain Mollys screams held as they tore into Astrid's eardrums. But she had to think quick, calling Lupin considering the wand in her pocket was pretty much dead wood outside of Hogwarts, not really but she was told to think of it as such or she'd end up with a case like Harry.

Lupin came quick, she thought he must have heard her screaming with his wolf instincts, possibly on the first three steps of the staircase when Astrid's urgent voice pushed him to come running. Sirius behind him since no one ever saw one without the other.

Lupin took Astrid's place next to Molly after he got rid of the Boggart, telling the young girl to go fetch water for the woman.

Astrid went running, stopping when she got to the end of the staircase, she realized no one else had heard but them. So she very quietly went to the kitchen and filled a glass up of cold water, lucky that she was invisible to everyone else.

She stood by Harry and moved out of the way when Molly was escorted out of the room by the men, walking her into her own room to get sleep. Even Sirius who had been arguing nonstop with Molly felt bad as he followed after, tight lipped.

"Excuse me" Astrid mumbled, going back down, this time to the basement to use the washroom

It was incredible, the images ones mind could hold so vividly. How hearing something could cause an image to burn into the mind.

In between Harry's dead body and the image of her parents dead friends bodies being found in pieces, Astrid didn't know what to say for her mind to stop pressing these visuals in the part of her brain where everything would be kept till the day she died. She wondered why Moody showed her and Harry the photo of the original order, moreover why, on what was supposed to be a special and happy occasion he decided to explain how each and everyone died.