justice

July 26th 1995
Song: Brutal by Olivia Rodrigo
Show and Tell by Melanie Martinez
📍Ministry Of Magic
OOTD:

July 26th 1995Song: Brutal by Olivia RodrigoShow and Tell by Melanie Martinez 📍Ministry Of Magic OOTD:

July 20th, 6 days before 

"This is what you've been hiding from me?" Astrid angrily hissed, snatching the daily prophet away from her fathers reach to read aloud what she had just been made aware of "Astrid Clearwater, great granddaughter of famous Voreille" Astrid paused "they shortened the amount of greats in-front of granddaughter"

"Honey please" Lucille watched the two, "this is for your own benefit, put it down"

Jasper lunged forward once more to which Astrid held her hand out away from her to try and stop him, a burst of magic shooting out and leaving him unable to move. Astrid stared wide eyed, Jasper just as shocked but she shook away her questions, the Prophet was much more important than powers she didn't possess before this very moment.

"—has made headlines in the limelight for not only the fame of being the daughter of Top Auror in the country Lucille Clearwater née Sterling— and highly successful business man Jasper Clearwater who both come from wealthy pureblood families. Recently it has been speculated from insider sites, Rita is unable to reveal at the moment, that Miss Clearwater could have been involved in the conspiracy of the death of cousin and fellow Hogwarts student, Champion of the Triwizard Tournament; Cedric Diggory" Astrid's voice broke, blinking away the tears as she continued to read

"—Not only this but Rita had revealed long ago the affairs Miss Clearwater was leading on, even going as far as using 'the boy who lived' to further her honour—using those in well off conditions to boost her own name and fame" she scoffed at the accusation. The worst part was that everything in witch weekly about Astrid was being republished onto the daily prophet, meaning more than just judgmental mothers were going to be reading about her.

She didn't know what was worse, that peoples split views on Cedric's death were either that it was an accident, a miscalculation of a spell an error on his behalf. Or that they believed Astrid, and the rest of the Clearwater's plotted whole murder plan to have him killed. Astrid's heart crumbled like the earth beneath her feet, never in a million years did she think the love she had for her own blood would be ridiculed in-front of the whole world; in such a despicable manner at that. And for what, power? fame she never asked for and a name that wouldn't even belong to her once she was married. She knew someone had to be blamed, if it wasn't going to be Voldemort it would be Dumbledore or even Harry. She was the last person she ever thought they would point a finger too. Perhaps she should have loved Cedric more, or maybe less so she could talk about it freely instead of staying hidden and remaining quiet like she was. If she had loved him even the slightest bit less, she could have spoken about him, shown her face, she'd never be the culprit, the murderer in their eyes. But she loved him too much, so much it trapped her.

Who could ever love Cedric Diggory less anyways, who could withhold loving him with their entire being. Cedric was meant to be loved, adored. A man of pure gold. Made of the stars. Love was meant for him. Meant to be poured into him.