F I F T E E N

August 24th 1994
Song: The Swan By Camille saint-Saëns
Curl up and die
Why'd you only call me when your high by Joel Sunny
The ending of Chiquita By Saturday night live
📍Clearwater Manor
OOTN: Cedric edition

August 24th 1994Song: The Swan By Camille saint-SaënsCurl up and die Why'd you only call me when your high by Joel SunnyThe ending of Chiquita By Saturday night live📍Clearwater ManorOOTN: Cedric edition

Astrid had attended many lessons in her youth on how to be a lady—how to be perfect enough for a man to take her as his wife

Astrid had attended many lessons in her youth on how to be a lady—how to be perfect enough for a man to take her as his wife. Everything that mattered to pure-bloods with unlimited amounts of wealth and terribly high egos.

Her mother happily sent her along with her elder brother to these events and camps—she wished nothing more than her daughter to fit in and earn the validation of both her own parents and her in laws who were as conservative as all old purebloods.

And though time had changed the way they thought politically—they still all agreed that a lady should be well spoken, dressed and lucky for her, read too.

She knew how to dance—what cutlery to use, how to sit in a dress and the proper way to dress according to the event.

She could play instruments and speak languages—she could make an engagement worthy roast and impress any mama with her tea making skills and papas all over the world with her knowledge on politics and business—but she also knew men hated woman who spoke their mind, if she agreed with the man—she would have an easier time becoming a bride.

But her father taught her business—he taught her sovereignty and ambition. Her mother showed her the importance of being a home maker—but she was sure to make sure her daughter knew never to sacrifice the important things—to work if she wished too and demand back what she gave to others.

So—as she stepped into the gathered fabric by her feet and stood comeplety still while Elizabeth tightened her dress' corset—she thought of the years approaching her. She was a young lady now and in a years time she would be old enough to court like every pure blood girl did.

She just didn't know who

"It's suffocating me" she voiced—staring at the scarlet fabric being fitted to her body—a red that matched her Quidditch uniform